Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 9   MEAN: 1.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.33   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
Sol beer with Clamato.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
erickok (3173) - Tours (and Paris), FRANCE - JAN 16, 2014
Wow, when I found this I had to try it. After reading about the elusive Bud Chelata, this must come close, no? I actually poured the can into a glass to get some aroma, innocent as I was. Well, as expected it’s murky tomato red with fizzy and quickly disappearing head. Aroma? Tomato juice, maybe some spice, no beer aroma. Taste? Cold instant tomato soup with chili powder and forced carbonation. However horrible that may sound, it does not does this beer justice. The acidic heat burn in the back of your throat, the nasty mouth filling fizz and the out of proportion saltiness on the tongue make this by far the worst ’beer’ I’ve had ever. So far... Admittedly I had a good laugh about this beer. Great joke from the producer (the word brewer would be misplaced) of this beverage. Very funny. :- (Can from small convince store in Tulum)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
emartell (221) - Zapopan, Jalisco, MEXICO - APR 10, 2013
Cerveza extraña, si es que a esto se le puede denominar cerveza. Aroma a tomates, apio, pimienta y sal. En cuanto a apariencia, color entre naranja, tojo y rosa, cuerpo ligero, absolutamente nada de corona de espuma y carbonatación baja. En boca sal, tomates y chile. Al paladar se percibe ampliamente el sabor a tomates, ligeramente apio y pimienta, fuerte sabor a sal y un ligero pero fácil de distinguir sabor a chile que se queda en garganta. En general una bebida extraña que en lo personal no clasificaría como cerveza, pero que sin embargo tiene un sabor agradable, y que sirve para mitigar la sed.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dalfaro86 (229) - Mexico City, MEXICO - JAN 22, 2013
its imposible to rate it as a beer due to the mixture with clamato(tomato juice), that being said its a tasty beverage, especially when have a hangover.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Douberd (1705) - Arnhem, NETHERLANDS - NOV 19, 2012
Another experiment from Sol. After the lime and salt beer, now they made a beer with clamato, a tomato juice with spices. I got this with a bunch of others and the name Clamato seemed weird, so I tried to translate it to no effect. Then I googled for it and I was staring wide eyed-mouth open at my computer’s screen once I realized that Clamato is a sortof tomato juice and that thing found its way into a beer.  Anyway, let’s start with the review. Naturally, no head at all. Colour is light red-dark pink of sort, if something like that exists. Very hazy,non-transparent. Some bubbles still rising on the top, even 20 minutes after I poured it in my glass, trying to find the courage to drink it. Some dark small seeds also visible. Aroma is of tomatoes, origano and basilicum. Smells pretty much as your typical pizza sauce would smell. Taste follows the aroma. You can’t taste the beer at all. Reasonably spicy. Very carbonated and very thick on the body. Alcohol is not stated on the can, but on Ratebeer they have it as 2.5%. I leave it blank and if someone can confirm it, please update it. Overall, I am going to give it an average 3 on all categories, since is my first herbs beer and I don’t have a measure of comparison. To be honest, I didn’t like it and I could only use it for cooking if I was unlucky enough to have another one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ebarron001 (3) - Monterrey, MEXICO - JUN 17, 2012 does not count
This one os for clamato lovers if you want a different taste this beer os perfect with a spicy (little) taste

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
sseb69 (1407) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - FEB 28, 2012
Cannette 355 ml. Bue à Playa Del Carmen. 2.5%. C’est pas beau dans un verre, ça goute pas bon et ça saoûle même pas. À éviter.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
RobertoSouque (1) - MEXICO - FEB 21, 2012 does not count
It smells like clamato, its color iis reddish, with a good taste if you are hungry and thirsty. I would say its a good beer to drink it with some cacahuates.

gamorro (1) - MEXICO - JUL 21, 2011 does not count
It’s a really good mix if you like the prepared Clamato, however you have to like this kind of taste, it’s not for people that are not use to drinks mixed up with beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Nekronos (3603) - Xalapa, MEXICO - JUN 12, 2011
Not so bad. COnsidering other Sol experiments I was betting this one was going to be as nasty. But in a hot day it is just like the Micheladas Rojas that are served everywhere and it is refreshing, spicy and drinkable.