Sol Light
     click to upload
overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 18   MEAN: 1.38/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.75   EST. CALORIES: 117   ABV: 3.9%

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Butters (3860) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - JUL 10, 2008
My god this was awful. Sour corn aroma with a bit of sulfer. Pours a little darker than tecate light. Chemical taste and very thin.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUL 9, 2008
Can courtesy of Butters. Clear pale yellow body with a medium frothy white head. Cardboard and funky grain aroma. Big corn flavor, more cardboard, some graininess, and a bit of sulfur. Medium light body with moderately high carbonation.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ghawener (1472) - San Salvador, EL SALVADOR - DEC 3, 2007
Can: A 500th rating to forget, watery and stale, slight hops with a poor aftertaste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ilovedarkbeer (2340) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 20, 2007
When the comp fridge ran of of regular in our cancun hotel i tried this. Nerly undrinkable. This is the type of beer you take a few swigs of then just toss over the balcony. Tastes like corn water with salt.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - JUL 12, 2007
Can in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico. After trekking the wilds of the Tulum ruins, I decided to slake my thirst with a cold, refreshing Mexican brew. A nearby store had this little aluminum wonder on its shelves, so I splurged the 5 pesos or so it cost and bought it. Arriving back at the hotel, I grabbed a hotel glass, took my beer and said glass onto the balcony of my wife and my hotel room, and sat down on a chair. The wind was blowing gently, the sound of Mexican dance music waifed in the air, and the sun was begining to get sleepy in the Western sky. I opened the can and poured what appeared to be carbonated water laced with yellow food coloring. An odor of corn and processed tortillas permeated the air around me. I nonetheless pursued on and took a sip: what greeted me was weak corn and sour water-- perhaps that dirty water for which Mexico is infamous. As a matter of fact, I might as well have actually imbibed water instead because this stuff was merely water that would make you drunk. Moctezuma SHOULD take revenge for this crap.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
DuffMan (7032) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - JAN 19, 2007
Can from Oxxo Convenience store on my latest trip to Mexico. Same as Tecate light-- a non-descript pale lager. Weak.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
juanitoo (6) - MEXICO - DEC 10, 2006 does not count
it tastes like water. flavorless, Sol is a very light beer, it wasnt neccesary to do a light version.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Nekronos (3646) - Xalapa, MEXICO - NOV 14, 2006
Veyr incipit, some people say that regular Sol is already light, but since Light beers are starting to have importance in MExico, I guess they launched this. VEry bad one.