overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 1139   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.68   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Has a sparkling gold hue and exciting aroma and flavor of malt.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
TheGreatKen (76) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 19, 2004
Corona is Modelo’s answer to this one. I had it before without a lime, but I had to admit that it tastes a little better than Corona Extra.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
bu11zeye (12109) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - JUN 14, 2004
(Bottle) Pours a pale yellow with an average sized white head. Your typical south of the border lager.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ClarkVV (3994) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 13, 2004
2003 bottle? I think. Does it really matter? No, this beer wouldnt be good fresh off the vat. White to yellow bubbly appearance, foamy white head, aroma of stale corn, very exciting as the commercial description says. Malt flavor is dry, cardboardy and bad. Tastes like mineral water with lots sodium in it. A very bad beer. Bad but exciting. In my excitement, I dumped the rest of my bottle down the drain.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 12, 2004
Pours yellow with a medium white head. Little aroma and little flavor. Light malt and light hops with a little fruitiness. Refreshing but nothing else going for it.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Sancho (245) - Da Bronx, New York, USA - JUN 7, 2004
bottled from local bodega, wow cona in a diffrent bottle,seriously verry thin very light almost undrinkable unless ice cold

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
TheBeerGod (5465) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - JUN 6, 2004
Clear bottle pretty much alerts me as to what is in the bottle. Pours clear yellow with a tall frothy white head. Aroma is bad but not as bad as the Kingfisher I just had. This is a little stale smelling but the corn syrup seems to come through the funk. Actually the taste on this one is not too bad. Imagine a sweet BMC and you have it. Fairly light body with minimal carbonation bite. Not horrible, so the clear bottle only affected the odor and not the taste. It could have been worse, I guess.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
legion242 (2315) - Richardson, Texas, USA - JUN 3, 2004
Wow, who’d a thunk they could top Corona as the nastiest Mexican crap. Amazingly bad. Just don’t know what more I can say.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
bitter (1136) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - JUN 3, 2004
this was the second of my 2 for 1 at pink taco...nice skunky aroma, who would of guessed sh*ty beer in a clear glass bottle. warning: only drink ice cold and maybe use the lime to disgiuse the lack of flavor. una mas aqua porfavor~!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
roder60 (1288) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 31, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2008 I bought this beer because I was told, "its better than corona" which didnt seem to be much of a measuring bar, but while in Mexico I didnt have much choice. I found it to be similar to Corona in most aspects. Very watery taste and appearance, really nothing noteworthy about it. Was a decent thirst quencher though.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - MAY 29, 2004
Only beer my wife will drink. Had it in Cancun a few years back and now she searches for it when we are out. Not my favorite, but if the wife likes it, it can’t be all bad.