overall

RATINGS: 114   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
A superb example of an American Pale Ale. The Cascade hop flavor just explodes in your mouth. Combined with the clean malt character and smooth finish, you are left utterly wanting another when your glass is empty.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
GEOBRAU (188) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - NOV 18, 2003
Bottle: Citrus aroma and initial flavor. Malt is apparant. Balanced. A local brew for me so I suppose I get it at or near it's best. Very good Pale Ale.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
groovinhigh (170) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - JAN 24, 2004
Absolutely amazing aroma!! Nice hop flavor, though a little more than most Pale Ales... this isn't a negative, but it tastes more like an IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brewmaster (168) - USA - NOV 15, 2002
Pretty darn good Pale. Nice hop and malt character. Easy drinking. I like it better than SNPA since thats the one everyone seems to compare to these days for some reason.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheTsunami (162) - Arizona, USA - JAN 25, 2003
Not a bad pale. Citrusy nose. Clean palate. Noticeable grapefruit flavor at the end.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Indulgence (141) - Ajo, Arizona, USA - OCT 17, 2008
22oz bottle: A golden amber color with a blossoming head to an initial 3 fingers, settles with lacing that covers the glass all the way down... aromas are subtle but there are some citrus, pine and sweetened malts present... the flavor is like a premium British bitter, and it could easily go that way IMO... with the stronger sweetened malty fruity body and the asparin like bittering from the hops - if I closed my eyes, I’d swear it was an ESB... anyways, this is a nice quaffer with low alchohol and it is easy to session a couple of 22oz’ers in an evening... I’m glad to see these beers in bottles... since I’ve sat at the brewery a couple of times and enjoyed the food and beer... go for it!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bbooth (115) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - APR 5, 2002
This is a great Pale Ale. Great hop flavor and aroma. It has a maltly sweet start with a bug Cascade hop finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
spydog (75) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - MAR 30, 2002
Huge hop flavor. Similar taste to their IPA, though not as bitter. Hoppiest Pale I have ever tasted.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
lucklys (62) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 13, 2011
I barely poured half of the 22oz bottle into my snifter before the foam had built itself up to such magnificent proportions, I didnít even want to add any more liquid for fear of the head overflowing. The thick, fluffy, easily 4 finger thick creamy head of nice, big bubbles sat upon a lovely, lightly hazy, golden-orange liquid. It stuck around until the very end with great retention and left behind thick sticky sheets of lacing - everything about this brew is just as Sonoran as the others. They are nothing if not consistent! --- I love watching the head continue to build upon itself in layers, only to fall slowly back down to a thin layer just on the top of the beer. It makes the whole drinking and reviewing process that much more satisfying. Sonoran brews are probably my favorite to drink thus far, and I am really eager to try the rest of their flavors and styles. The Burning Bird carried early wafts of a bright citrus that closely resembled grapefruit, a little bit of pine, and a very light malty sweetness that hid behind a delicately bitter blanket of refreshing hops. It was so summery in smell alone, I couldnít wait to taste it and quickly dove in. --- I was not disappointed. Sure enough, I was definitely given what I paid for, and much more. The beer tasted just like it smelled, only with a bit more of a kick. There was the citrusy grapefruit right at the front of my tongue, but I found that as I sipped along, the grapefruit was pushed to the back of my tongue by some very light sweet malts and accompanied by a slight bitterness, probably due to the hops. The best part about the strength of the flavors, was that although they were more robust than the scent, the whole drink itself leaned more on the mellow side with a medium to light body and a very fine carbonation. --- Burning Bird starts off with a zesty beginning and smoothly melts into a dryer, bitter ending. Iím becoming a huge fan of bitter lately, which is not something I expected to happen throughout all of this tasting and writing. It is so easy to drink, I doubt I would have any problem (gracefully) sucking down two or three bottles on a hot summer evening here in Arizona.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ricardowess (25) - Sedona, Arizona, USA - OCT 18, 2004
Light copper color- small head. Crisp, clean taste - faint taste of apricot. OK hops - not overboard. Well balanced APA with no aftertaste. Much better than expected.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20