Southampton European Pilsener

click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.37/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.15   SEASONAL: Winter   ABV: -

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
DCopperfields (145) - Alabama, USA - FEB 9, 2004
Pours the color of freshly mown straw; the head is white, fluffy and resilient. Aroma is of lightly roasted malt, floral hop essence and hints of wild prairy grasses. Light butter notes, along with sourdough toast are understated, yet present. Pretty big mouthfeel for a pilsner, and yet incredibly smooth and creamy. A full flavored, refreshing pilsner, with good sweet malt front and balanced hop on the back. Somewhat grainy, citrus essence combines with a grassy, roasty flavor. All subtle. This pilsner kicks ass. I think I can say, and I don't often say this about any beer. but this is the finest pilsner I have ever imbibed. Cheers to Phil Markowski for winning me over again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Aurelius (4065) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - AUG 11, 2003
Straightforward, well-done yellow beer. Decent hop zing that hangs around a while. Goes a little acidic as it warms.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - MAY 30, 2003
Light golden, little head; sweetish, slightly woody, very fresh, strong earthy hoppiness throughout; aroma too light for this to be really memorable, but I'm glad I had it.