RATINGS: 1291   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Not quite an imperial, but certainly not a standard India pale ale. Our double IPA is a hop lovers dream. Citrusy and clean with an incredible finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Beerdedone (3062) - Croydon, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 29, 2010
Bottle. Pours a clear golden yellow with a medium white head. Aroma of citrus, pine, pale malts and notes of grapefruit. Flavor was very refeshing and nicely balanced with pine, citrus, grapefruit, light caramel and had a touch of malty sweetness. A solid dipa

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ibrew2or3 (7661) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - SEP 28, 2010
Courtesy of Gillard. Pours deep gold with copper hues and off white head. The aroma is sweet citrus and some spicy hops. Nice. The taste is pretty smooth with growing grapefruit, tangelo, orange peel and hop spiciness. It has a pleasing under current of sweet smooth malts creating a supporting mechanism for the hops. Seems like a solid IPA but a bit timid for a IIPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
queenholly (3594) - South Whitley, Indiana, USA - SEP 28, 2010
Bottle.. Golden with a fluffy white head. Citrus and hops aroma. Flavor was a little hops and very metallic. I couldn’t taste much because the metallic flavor was overpowering. The metallic flavor seemed to screw with my perception of the palate, leaving a coppery sensation. This one went down the sink. I’m guessing I got a bad bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 28, 2010
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2010 In short: Another sugary candy sweet American IPA. Meh.
How: Bottle 12oz. Consumed fresh a few days after purchase
The look: Almost clear golden-orange body topped by a small off-white head
In long: Nose is a bit tangy with also notes of candies and citrus fruits. Taste is has white sugar, candied fruits, hard candies, fruity hops with citrus fruits. No big caramelized body here, just sugary (white sugar) sweetness. Bitterness level is pretty low for the style. This beer has a similar flavor profile as their regular IPA. I suspect the same malt and hop bill except that this one is cranked up. Because it is a stronger and more boozy beer than the regular IPA I found the sugary sweetness to be a bit more tolerable. But overall these two beers just do it for me. I don’t understand why these sweet IPAs are so popular in USA. Makes no sense to me. I just don’t understand the USA. Especially the new generation. The teenagers are getting fatter and fatter and yet they all seem to be loosing their pants and they all walk around with their pants below the waist. Makes no sense to me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Frank (3605) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 26, 2010
The commercial deScription of this says it’s not quite and imperial IPA but it’s over eight percent alcohol so I don’t know what else it would be though, honestly, it really doesn’t pack much more hop punch than even some APA. The color is a clear orange golden with a nice head of medium bubbles. The nose is nice and hoppy, a lot of pine and a good deal of citrus. Overall, this is rather more mild than I like in a big beer but still very good tasting. A bit of piny, resinous bitterness plays w/ a hint of malt sweetness in a fairly vigorous sea of carbonation. It tastes pretty much like a session ale but, naturally, it hits you w/ the full force of its higher alcohol content. I guess that’s not necessarily a bad thing but, for me, I’d rather my higher alcohol beers back up the alcohol w/ more flavor and this really doesn’t. I’d like this a lot more if I could drink it all night rather than stopping at one or two.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sebletitje (8124) - Enghien, BELGIUM - SEP 26, 2010
pression. léger dorée, blanche arôme, houblon citronné, malt léger, pamplemousse est bien présent goût, levure? pas mal de houblon citron, malt est moyen, sucre brun. le profile de cette bière reste principalement citron et pamplemousse, domine par le houblon.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Forsberg_dk (258) - DENMARK - SEP 26, 2010
35,5 cl bottle, pours clear golden with a decent white head, aroma of citrus, grass and pine with a hint of malt, taste is pretty much the same, decent bitterness, solid finish, nice overall IPA but not a hop bomb by any means.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
thegreenrooster (3649) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 25, 2010
Pour is a bright golden with a small white head. Aroma is hops but not as large as I expected. Flavor is about the same. Sure its hops but nothing to say hey I’m a DIPA. I think this brewers IPA might actually be better than this. If your going to put out an DIPA hop the ass out if it. This is not an DIAP.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
milewide (1824) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 25, 2010
Pungent citrus aroma and taste up front, with lingering hop bitterness in aftertaste. Clear gold color, with modest head. Alcohol taste is well hidden,

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bjt512 (292) - Athens, Georgia, USA - SEP 24, 2010
A real gem of an ipa, though I can see why some folks find this disappointing if they are expecting a dipa. This is really more comparable to a heavier, maltier ipa such as Two Hearted than to, say, 90 minute. In other words, it may be light for the dipa style, but it’s keeping good company. The aroma is wonderfully full of sweet citrus and morning air, with the sweet malty body and bitter finish brought into the sharpest relief that few ipas achieve. Really a nice beer, especially at the price ($10 for a six pack).