Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 870   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
Harvest Ale is our celebration of the changing weather and the sowing of hops and barley that will be used in our upcoming brews. We usher in the fall with a classic English style Extra Special Bitter of the highest order. Deep ruby in color with an even deeper hop flavor… in fact, we throw fresh English hops into every brewing vessel, then dry hop after fermentation to impart a zesty kick. This beer has real hop character that mingles with fresh malted barley for an experience that will make you wish it were fall year ‘round.

2011 vintage: 6.7% abv

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
Westchesterco (1460) - mclean, Virginia, USA - NOV 17, 2014
Poured from a bottle it is a clear do laden color with a white head it has the aroma of a yoga mat the taste is malty and lingers bitter on the palate

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Iphonephan (4762) - McLean, Virginia, USA - NOV 17, 2014
From a 12 oz bottle shared at home. Pours a clear copper with a thick white head. Fruity nose. Flavors of citrus with a malty backbone. Close to an IPA and quite tasty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 5/20
drdrewdown (2) - Kansas, USA - NOV 13, 2014 does not count
Not a real big fan of this one. I guess I don’t really gravitate towards ESB’s but this one just doesn’t do much for me. It does alright in the "fall themed" category but overall just isn’t my kinda brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bkurtz (1009) - PERU - NOV 6, 2014
Bottle - Pours a deep, clear golden with creamy,quickly dissipating head. Aroma of sweet bread and some citrus. Nice balance with a little bitterness. Well made ESB.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
dlbeer (845) - Wisconsin, USA - OCT 26, 2014
Bottle. Orange pour with white head. Smells of malt and hops. A lot of hop bitterness but well balanced. Good bitter ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

RRistow12 (472) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - OCT 21, 2014
Tasted from bottle. Pours a hazy orange with nice fluffy off white head. Good lacing. Aroma is bready, biscuits, caramel and earthy notes. Taste is an exceptionally well balanced bitter. Moderate sweetness with caramel and biscuity malt flavors with moderate bitterness of mostly earthy notes. Probably the best ESB I've had. Very well done. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 8/20
Shapiro85 (16) - New York, USA - OCT 19, 2014
When I want a hoppy beer I want this one. A fine example of a good bitter. Has a bite but finishes clean. I prefer this beer with a good hamburger or steak. Overall a good beer when you something with a kick of bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Swamp_Thing (45) - Florida, USA - OCT 19, 2014
This grew on me as I finished the glass. Well balanced with citrus up front and cardamon lingering after. Light and easy, a good beer for day outside.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
northropfrye (2837) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - OCT 16, 2014
Light bronze body with some head, not much retention, slight lacing. Lovely mix of hops and malts. A little bitter. If this is an ESB, count me in on ESBs.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nhuck (1) - Maryland, USA - OCT 15, 2014 does not count
Very drinkable beer for any season, but for the fall season is a very good option.