overall

RATINGS: 1406   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
IPA stands for India Pale Ale and ours is an American version of the classic style. IPA’s namesake lies in its colonial roots. British soldiers on their way to India dark a lot of beer, but found it would go stale on the long voyages. Meanwhile, brewers knew that by adding more hops, the beer would stay fresh. Voila! A new style was born and it is one we are proud to brew. Southern Tier IPA is a triple-hopped on its journey to your glass for a fully aromatic experience.

JohnnyUtah16 (5) - New York, USA - JUL 15, 2013 does not count
I first tried this beer in an Ale House in Charlotte, being from the Southern Tier of NY I was amazed and how flavorful it was now I dare to say I cannot stop drinking it. Buyers beware!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
miketrum (18) - NAUGATUCK, Connecticut, USA - SEP 22, 2005
Very hoppy and delicious. Piney hop smell...great aroma. One of the best IPA’s I have had.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
wu1sabes (25) - USA - MAY 11, 2004
this IPA is the best i have ever drank, it is undeniably unique and unmatched by any other breweries! seek it out and enjoy!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
jorossian (3) - USA - DEC 24, 2006 does not count
I love IPA’s and this one happens to be my favorite. A healthy combination of fruity/floral aroma accented with a vanilla/piney backdrop. Just the right amount of hops which for me - a bit on the heavy side but not overdoing it to spoil the complexity. Very rich and satisfying to the pallet. Yum. I’ve been pleased to find this is regularly stocked at Wegmans. Makes me want to go grocery shopping right now.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
hershiser2 (1227) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JAN 29, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 16, 2008 Price paid: $6.99/6-pack (12 oz bottles) BEAUTIFUL burnt orange/ or orange/amber, witha nice fluffy orange/tan head. This beer smells f-ing good... not just good, but f-ing good. Nice, sweet floral/fruit scent perfectly compliements the beauty of the color. It makes me want to eat peaches and apricots, and oooh yum. Jeez, this beer is just getting better and better! (I’m reviewing as I’m sampling it). FANTASTIC bittersweet flavor, with peach and grapefruit in there, with a nice bitter bite to finish it off. Does it get better than this?? Wow... I am really really impressed with this beer. And I only have to drive a few hours to get it. A+

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DadofFenway (7) - Salem, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 22, 2013 does not count
For the love of Hops.I adore this beer, from the citrus notes on the nose to the absolute punch you get from the hopped barrage that you get when first sipped. You’ll understand.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAR 28, 2003
I was very impressed with this offering. Citrusy pine aroma greets you as pop this one open. Pours a beautiful clear amber with a nice head. Continuous lacing as you imbibe this well balanced beauty. Nice spicy finish. This southern NY beer rivals any west coast beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Papillon (366) - Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA - APR 24, 2009
UPDATED: APR 26, 2009 355 mL Bottle. The label states 6, not 6.5 octane as stated in this RB listing. Deep gold body with a frothy slightly off-white head that settles to a thin but tenacious rocky layer that laces the sides beautifully and leaves a "set of foam ribs" down the sides of the glass with every sip. Resiny hops dominate the intense aroma with notes of pine, grass, grapefruit rind, and floral. Flavor! What a slap in the tongue! Hops, hops, hops, oh... what shall we celebrate with this one? A hoppy birthday? Well mine is not until July but I have this beer marked to have instead of a birthday cake. The intense hops do make way for the rich sweet malt and crystal malt that express right away after the swallow with fruity hints and a note of grapefruit. Intense yet not complicated. The hop bitter expresses in the aftertaste and then lingers in the finish in an astringent way that... get me another one, now! This beer rocks and rolls! Hey you brewers down there the other side of Lake Erie: you can make some top-notch beer and you’ve proven it with this one. Southern Tier, I’ve been to your website and I look forward to sampling more of your excellent beers. Keep up the great work :D

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hammy78 (739) - Dundas, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 14, 2011
UPDATED: MAR 7, 2011 330ml bottle sample purchased at the LCBO. Pours a golden yellow with amazing carbonation, and a nice pillowy white head. and decent lacing. Aroma is of hops and it is strong. Taste is also of hops, but also of citrus. Just amazing.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Twentys (41) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - OCT 9, 2005
Had on tap at Benchwarmer’s in Ithaca, NY. Smells/tastes of super citrus, harshly & deliciously bitter. A mouthfull of a beer. Great lacing.