overall

RATINGS: 1684   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 258   ABV: 8.6%
Pumking is an ode to Pķca, a creature of Celtic folklore, who is both feared and respected by those who believe in it. Pķca is said to waylay travelers throughout the night, tossing them on its back, and providing them the ride of their lives, from which they return forever changed. Brewed in the spirit of All Hallows Eve, a time of the year when spirits can make contact with the physical world and when magic is most potent. Pour Pumking into a goblet and allow itís alluring spirit to overflow. As spicy aromas present themselves, let itís deep copper color entrance you as your journey into this mystical brew has just begun. As the first drops touch your tongue a magical spell will bewitch your taste buds making it difficult to escape the Pumking.
2007 - Brown Label 7.9% ABV w/text & logo on bottlecap
2008 - Brown Label 9.0% ABV w/text & logo on bottlecap
2009 - Orange Label 9.0% ABV w/text & logo on bottlecap
2010 - Orange Label 9.0% ABV w/logo only on bottlecap
2011 - Orange wood grain background label 8.6% ABV and Southern Tier logotype in two lines.
2012 - Same as 2011 label 8.6% ABV, silver/black/white bottlecap.
2013 - Same as 2012 label and bottle cap 8.6% ABV, date stamp in green text.
2014 - New label design w/orange/white/green, 8.6% ABV

KJBHCW (3) - Elkton, Maryland, USA - SEP 8, 2012 does not count
Best beer ever. Thereís nothing else to say but I have to have 85 characters so yeah...

1.4
   AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
oifedleg (3) - Illinois, USA - SEP 10, 2012 does not count
I was settled in for a great Pumking experience and was I ever disappointed. A great color and decent aroma had me intrigued from the get go. I took my first drink and cringed. My second drink, well, was my last drink. Thank goodness my pub has Two Hearted on tap.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jvirago (3) - catonsville, Maryland, USA - SEP 23, 2012 does not count
22 oz bottle. This is the best pumpkin beer i have ever had. A little thin, but the pumpkin pie quality is unbeatable. Buy several and save one for after trick or treating with the kids.

crummyluke (3) - Nebraska, USA - OCT 10, 2012 does not count
Waited a long time to try this beer and it does not disappoint. It has beautiful color, smells fantastic and tastes unlike anything Iíve ever had before.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
milothedog (3) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 27, 2013 does not count
The aroma promises a nice, mellow pumpkin and vanilla flavor but upon drinking I get a bad pumpkin taste which is bitter in my mouth. Visually the beer looks good but I never pick a beer by its look. Each drink goes in smooth but finishes with a horrible taste left in the mouth. I would not recommend this pumpkin beer.

JunkHop (3) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 19, 2013 does not count
Like pumpkin pie. Best pumpkin beer. Vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin. Scarily strong. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Vikingmattress (3) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - OCT 22, 2013 does not count
By far this is the best pumpkin beer Iíve ever had. It brings me back to the cold winter days at my grandparents house as my grandma makes a fresh pumpkin pie. The scent is pure autumn. Nothing but pumpkin pie and happiness. The flavor and texture are no different. Itís like biting into a piece of buttery pumpkin pie. Itís creamy and perfectly balanced. Around where I live itís also damn near impossible to come by. Iíd love to try out an aged bottle. Not only is it my favorite fall seasonal, itís my favorite seasonal of any season.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
bloodybabboon (2) - USA - APR 4, 2009 does not count
Singly, the one brew which I look forward to the release of every single year. A must try.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
HugoStiglitz (2) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 29, 2009 does not count
Pours an orange opaque. Immediately you have the smell of ginger cookies. Flavor is the same with a little vanilla sweetness. Most likely the best of the pumpkin brews!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
cappaert (2) - - SEP 21, 2011 does not count
Good dessert pumpkin beer, emphasis on the dessert. Not heavy but quite "sweet" tasting. Great nose, very little head almost resembling a cider. Smells like creamed corn and brown sugar. Pairs well flaky buttery crackers (itís the crust to the pie!). Overall not my favorite pumpkin beer but pretty good.