Southern Tier Warlock Cream Stout

RATINGS: 22   MEAN: 3.62/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Contains lactose sugars.

Voodoo's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Voodoo (455) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 29, 2014
Pours the color of cola with an off white head which disappears quickly. Aroma is burnt pumpkin pie. Taste is quite interesting......cherry, birch flavor, slight coffee, touch of chocolate.

hophead1234 (46) - - JUN 9, 2015
A: Opaque Black/Mild Reddish Hue, Passes Little Light, Thick Tan Head, Great Lacing S: Dark, Roasted Chocolate Malts, Mild Lactose Sugar, Mild Coffee T: Sweet Creamy Chocolate, Cocoa, Mild Roasted Malts, Mild Coffee M: Great Carbonation, Medium Bodied, Creamy, Mildly Bitter Overall, this beer is listed as a cream stout and fits the profile

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Goodgrief (1895) - Middletown, Delaware, USA - APR 5, 2015
Bottle shared by my dad. Dark pour with thin head, no lacing. Sweet sugary aroma, like a cream cookie. Sweet creamy cookie flavor, reminds me of an iced gingerbread cookie. Well, my general rule is that if it tastes good in a cookie, I don’t want it in a beer. So, this isn’t my thing. But, I didn’t loathe it, so I give it generally good marks.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cool_Bond (2056) - KUNG_AV_OL @ Instagram, SWEDEN - MAR 25, 2015
Truly a scent of candy, caramel and pumpkin. Very special. The taste is good indeed. I had not expected me. Sweet and syrup to taste. Good bitterness that fills the upper part of the mouth for a long while. Like drinking a syrup cake. Follow me @ Kung av öl @ Facebook for more pictures and ratings.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
kaser (4319) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 8, 2015
Black pour with off white head. Massive pumpkin pie aroma and pretty much the same taste. Spicy and pumkin cocoa taste. Rich and creamy. Like it

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
bpreo (2110) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - DEC 6, 2014
So damn delicious. The 2014 pumpkin version is among the elite of oumpkin spice flavored beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
wxman (1589) - O’Fallon, Illinois, USA - OCT 20, 2014
On tap at Global Brew. Pours a rich dark black/brown with a thin tan head that still rings the glass. Aroma is vanilla and spice. Taste is sweet roasted malt, vanilla, butter, maple syrup, coffee and mild bitterness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kidmartinek (3974) - austin, Texas, USA - OCT 17, 2014
Pitch black with a small ring of bubbles. The aroma is ginger, spicecake, and the taste punpkin pie with whipped cream.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Malaclemys (421) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - SEP 18, 2014
Pours black with white head. Aroma is caramel, sweet, caramel, burnt sugar, spices, vanilla, spiced rum, alcohol. Taste is vanilla, chocolate, spices, cinnamon, caramel, burnt sugar. Medium heavy with sweet finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Bif (1738) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 12, 2014
On tap. Served a dark brown color with a small head and some lacing. Aroma of malt, bit of coffee, chocolate and bit of spice and dark fruit. Taste of malt, coffee, trace of dark fruit and spice. Mild bitterness and clean finish. Full body! smooth, creamy and a bit sweet. Reminds me a bit of Pumking on steriods.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bulk_Carrier (2864) - Final Resting Place, Vermont, USA - APR 29, 2014
If this is retired on this website, why did the last guy review it in March? Ok, well, I know its not retired. But this is reviewed from notes from December of 2013. The appearance was a jet black colored body with a thin to half finger white foamy head that quickly dies leaving barely any lacing. The smell like ST took "Pumking" and threw it in a stout and upped the ABV, yep its a Double Stout for ya, roasty chocolate coming up combining into the "Pumking" flavoring with a light cinnamon. The taste takes the Pumking with some cinnamon and roasty chocolate-ness coming through, light chocolate covered "Pumking" aftertaste and a dry finish. On the palate, it sits about a medium, somewhat sessionable but I sipped this one. Carbonation is wonderful for a Double Stout - somewhat smooth yet there’s a slight crisp element which I like. Overall, so in reality this is "Pumking" thrown into a stout and I believe that’s what Southern Tier did and I believe it turned out the way they wanted. However, with me, since I’m not a true fan of Pumking, but won’t bust on this too much since the stout tries to mask some of the "Pumking"-ness, I think I’d take this over Pumking any day. Still, I’d look for other "pumpkin" double stouts before this as that "pumpkin pie" crustiness of sorts just like in Pumking does become quite overbearing throughout.