overall

RATINGS: 646   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Prohibition Ale is a boldly hopped amber ale that strikes a perfect balance between caramel maltiness and its aggressive hopping.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
slimweebs (163) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JUN 20, 2004
I like this beer better than the speakeasy IPA. It has a bit more balance and character too it. Itís still very hoppy, but has a little bit more sweetness and nutty flavor to balance the dry hops. Not bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
YourDarkLord (1800) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - JUN 20, 2004
Not bad. Murky copper body with a beige frothy head. Aroma was citrus, caramel, nutty, malty. Good mouthfeel. Creamy and rich. Flavor was acidic, malty, pleasant. Good drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - JUN 18, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2004 this is good shit!! dark amber color with a nice thick head,, nice aroma with a definate hoppy tast that lasts,,i coud drink a lot of this!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUN 12, 2004
Lipton Lemon sweet tea flavor combined with a hoppy amber colored treat. I really really like this Amber!!! Matter of facts its the best Iíve had to date. Untouchable was a very good APA but Prohibition is awesome!!! Definitely a beer I will want to accumulate.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
FlacoAlto (3737) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JUN 12, 2004
Pours a deep copper color that is topped by an off white head. It has a pungent citrusy aroma that is backed by toasted malt notes. Slightly sweet up front with a dry finish that leads to a sense of toasted biscuit lingering on my tongue. These Speakeasy beers are a lot more malty than I remember them being. There is a nice hoppiness here, it is just not as dominant as I would like it to be, or as I remember it being. I get notes of orange, flowery herbal nectar, a sharp tongue tingling bitterness, and a certain sweetness towards the end that tends to tie the maltiness and the hops together. Just a wee bit disappointing in the end, ah such is my memory of this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
KBeer (117) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 10, 2004
I had no idea what I was getting into when I got this -- mainly because my friend drank my last SNPA so he gave me one of these instead. A good beer. Good amber color with a decent head. More hops than a lot of ambers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Steib (613) - Queen Creek, Arizona, USA - JUN 8, 2004
Big fruity, hoppy aroma. Light golden-reddish color. Flavor is well balanced with hops, pine and caramel notes. Hops may be a little overbearing for some but it works well here. A very appealing malt character gives this beer an eternal finish. This one goes great with chinese food by the way.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAY 28, 2004
Tap@Edinborough Castle, San Fransisco. Considering i felt like crap after a mamoth day drinking with the San Fran Krew, this wasnít too bad. pretty relaxed and soft. Nice hop aromatics, pine, lychee, not intense at all, well balanced.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ClarkVV (3860) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 25, 2004
2004 bottle. Good enough pour, amber, clear, foamy white head. Smells fresh and hoppy, with some decent wet hay and grain notes, and some watered down caramel malt. Flavor has a good mix of dry, floral hops, light hints of honey and caramel and a good grainy body. Hopping is pretty over the top for what I would expect an amber to be, but since this isnt much of a style, it might as well be assertively hopped. Still, a bit too hoppy for my liking, though the hops are very fresh. A bit boring though as I finish the glass. Itís definitely a good beer, whatever the hell it is.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jeffc666 (1984) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - MAY 18, 2004
Amber with lots of bubbles forming a medium light tan head. Pleasing citrus and caramel aroma. Bitterness dominates (odd for an amber), citrus and a touch of sweet caramel. Body is a bit on the light side. Overall one of the better ambers I have had, which granted is not saying too much.