overall

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own. St. Ides Malt Liquor is a premium malt liquor with a smooth, distinctive taste. Brewed with only the finest, natural ingredients, St. ides has a unique taste that sets it apart from other malt liquors. Alcohol content - American 5.9% & Canadian 7.0%

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
thebaldwizard (1205) - Ohio, USA - OCT 25, 2006
How much can you say about a cheap malt liquor? This one is slightly better than Cobra, or Magnum, but thatís not saying much. The taste isnít terrible, but is definitely watery. Itís not as bitter as some other cheap malt liquors, but that doesnít make it good either."

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
gilvanblight (821) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 11, 2006
Sweet smelling, with some hops and a lot of grain. Grainy tasting, very watery. Strong alcohol taste (Canadian version) in the mouth but it disapears quickly. Like a strong Rye and Water with too much Water and now pleasant warming aftertaste. Way too grainy and sweet. Last notes on my sheet written while rating "Watery Sweet Overpowering Crap"

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
themadmumis (347) - Westminster, Maryland, USA - JUL 20, 2006
I decided to endure this liquid for my first bout of edward 40hands. Yeah, it was as bad as you can imagine. I got crazier after I had the bottles removed from my hands and ran out into oncoming traffic before I was saved by friends (thanks Rob and Tom!). What was I doing??? It was one of the worst experiences of my life but I would do it again for money. Any takers?

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
badinplaid (106) - USA - JUN 4, 2006
If you are on a seriously tight budget, and stuck in the wrong part of town you might want to try and get a 40 to forget your troubles. It looks like urine, desnít taste very good either

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 12/20
LAboozehound (47) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - MAY 28, 2006
The second best malt liquor, behind OE. Not for beer nerds or people who drink for "taste." This stuff is all about getting trashed and having a great time for three bucks, and for that, itís a solid brew. Just make sure to save some change for some Lifesavers, because your breath will be stankiní.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
beerguy101 (5350) - Newark, California, USA - MAY 24, 2006
This pale lager pours a fizzy yellow gold from a screw cap clear 40. Medium sized white foamy head. Aroma is corn, cereal and grain. Medium bodied malt liquor. Malts are corn and cereal. Hops what hops? No bitterness. Kind of malty, yet it has that nasty malt liquor high gravity taste. Kind of awful at best. Does not hide the 8% alcohol at all. Mouthfeel is thin and watery. Finish is crisp and harsh. Aftertaste is slightly bitter

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
yarry (528) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 21, 2006
1.18L bottle, 8.0% a/v Well, it pours your usaul malt liquor fare, gold colour with a puffy white head. Very fragrant beer, smells of malt and alcohol, tastes of corn and alcohol. Goes down fairly well so long as its kept cold. My favorite malt liquor, even though I dont like malt liquor ;-)

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bartzilla (597) - La Mesa, California, USA - MAY 7, 2006
Had I known back in college that I could make millions by doing stupid stunts and being wasted all the time, like the Jackass kids did, I wouldnít have the time to sit here and lament on this because Iíd be in Amsterdam passed out in some brothel with a big smile on my face and a fat wallet. This stuff, this St Ides, was the fuel that made me act violently retarded. I canít drink the stuff now, but back in the days, this was cheap courage. I went 10 overall just out of respect. They actually had Ice Cube do commercials for them. Thatís awesome. The beer itself is absolutely mad foul.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Beerdedone (3156) - Croydon, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 25, 2006
Typical pour for a malt liquor, you know what i mean, yellow with a sloppy white head. Typical aroma and flavor also, sweet malts, grainy, corn-like. Blah nothing good.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Louipa (121) - USA - FEB 17, 2006
I bought this crap once when I knew nothing about beer...the taste of it makes bud light seem delicious. Grooooossssss.