overall

RATINGS: 95   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.32   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own. St. Ides Malt Liquor is a premium malt liquor with a smooth, distinctive taste. Brewed with only the finest, natural ingredients, St. ides has a unique taste that sets it apart from other malt liquors. Alcohol content - American 5.9% & Canadian 7.0%

oe80099's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
oe80099 (5) - USA - JAN 9, 2002
I drank some st. ides cause my store was all outta Olde English 800. It wasnít as good as my olde english, but then again, what is?

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
b3shine (5493) - Indiana, USA - JUL 18, 2012
40 oz to pint (from notes). Exactly the nasty horse piss youíd expect it to be. Simply unpleasant in every way (although not as bad as Camo or some others out there).

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
dmalave7 (23) - New York, USA - JAN 22, 2012
Use to drink this religiously when I was younger, it was a hit and miss perhaps some stores didnít have good cooling system. This beer is not good it will get u somewhere, but one will wake up smelling like pure bar or sometimes even worst. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - DEC 1, 2010
Big-ass can.
Man, I think next time Iíll save myself the trouble and just cut my tongue out from my mouth with a rusty razorblade. Copper corn, rotten yeast, and stupid are all one gets from this crap.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
tokyogoat (1503) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 15, 2010
I thought this was going to be pretty decent since famous people drink it (i.e. snoop dogg and dr dre), I was wrong, it is terrible, tastes like beer that was fermented in an old gym shoe.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
hammsolypabst (12) - Redding, California, USA - JAN 6, 2009
My first 40 at age 12 back in 1991. This had only been around for a couple years back then but we knew all about it from Ice Cube and NWA. Very strong back then it was 7.3% when it was Ides Premium. Now its Ides High Gravity and it comes in at 8.2%. Still tastes the same but the original has the edge just because of its historic value to me. I am glad I was able to pick up an empty Ides Premium 40 for my collection a couple years ago. Also the St. Ides buzz is very violent. Its unlike any other buzz I have ever gotten from a 40. Be very carful as drinking 2 or more 40s of Ides will produce the worst hangover ever.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
vikasdesai (18) - USA - APR 22, 2008
the fact is for $1.89 in 1994-1998 , this was the best thing u could buy, wasnít really that much worse than bud, best of the 40ís in my opinion. But the most important thing about this beer is that even a dorky indian doofus can feel like Ice Cube(the gangster one, not the barber shop one)!

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
changeup45 (1717) - Mount Dora, Florida, USA - APR 13, 2008
UPDATED: JUL 9, 2008 As far as cheap malt liquors for college kids to get drunk off of I suppose itís not completely horrible. Better than Colt 45, King Cobra or Old English for what itís worth. Still, c’mon, this is nasty stuff.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
MadIndian (2394) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2008
So after I tried the St Ides special brew, I took a leak and out came the st ide premium. Geez this sucks.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
MrStitch (138) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 1, 2008
I drank St. Ides many years ago and I think that my taste buds are still recovering. How did I possibly think that this stuff was good?! I guess college will make you think that all kinds of stupid things are cool and worth doing. But please take my word for it nothing makes this beer worth drinking. The only way that you can possibly make it through a can, bottle, or 40 of this stuff is because itís so strong that every sip gets your taste buds that much more numb so that you can ignore the flavor.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
LinusStick (2860) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 29, 2007
Nasty nasty nasty. I tried a few gulps of a 40 just for the rating. Aroma of nastiness and corn. Pour was a light gold with a one finger white head.Taste was nasty and sweet. Heavy carbonation that induces a gag reflex. Iíll tip the whole thing to my "dead homies". They can agonize over it.