St. Ides Special Brew - Berry

RATINGS: 56   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
St. Ides Malt Liquor is the brand of choice with the new generation of malt liquor drinkers. With its high quality, high strength flavor, St. Ides compliments the lifestyle of the fast paced, urban, edgy malt liquor drinker of today.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
BeerRenter76 (426) - Texas, USA - NOV 4, 2015
Originally rated on 2/6/08- Great brew for getting chicks drunk at a frat party. Sweet and strong, price is reasonable. Overall it is not bad for flavored malt liquor

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Chudwick (2541) - Cincyucky, Kentucky, USA - FEB 6, 2015
I literally got excited when I saw this St Ides product at the liquor store next to the place where my wife and I will be getting our next mattress. I was a little disappointed it wasn’t the flagship St Ides, but this will have to do. The deScription is perfect. I am the new generation of malt liquor drinkers! I am fast paced, suburban, edgy as shit mother fucker, and I most definitifuckingly drink malt liquor. If you are doubting my sincerity, you are plain wrong. This double deuce made its way into one of my tall kitchen glasses. Smells of currant and dark berries. Sweet and watery and sweet and a little sticky and and sweet and a general fruitiness akin to fruit punch. I will finish this, unlike Steel Reserve fruity nonsense. This here is the really McCoy of fruity malt liquor. As an aside, I did pass up the Steel Reserve Margarita 24 ounce 8% ABV can. Maybe next time. I do love my Beer-grrr-itas!!! This is incredibly easy to drink. I was not expecting that sediment at the bottom of the bottle when I was topping off my glass. WTF? Definitifuckingly "berry-er" now.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
slowrunner77 (7878) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 17, 2014
least favorite of the three I tried. abv showing more than usual. Berry is nice enough but more artificial than the others. in between really bad and ok :)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
nike (966) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 26, 2012
I can remember drinking this brew years ago; it was very popular at one time. I remembered how much I enjoyed it. Well, after tasting it again recently, not so much. I don’t know if the recipe has changed, but overall it lost some flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Billicus (289) - @RED BHUT JOIKIAS!, Paulsboro, New Jersey, USA - MAR 6, 2012
aroma, berries, fake thought like kool aid color, reddish purple no head taste, sour fruit, and sweet too, really not too bad, but hits the tummy in the end, always upset my stomach overall, cheap and somewhat tasty, but Ill get your stomach injestion.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (5768) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 8, 2011
Sampled from a clear bottle this drink poured a red-violet color with a trace soapy white head that faded almost instantly and left no lacing. The aroma was light sweet berries and not much else. The flavor was tangy and lightly tart sweet vague berries. There was an odd cardboard like undertone. Medium finish. Light body. Not bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Enniskillen (2044) - Salinas, California, USA - MAR 7, 2010
That purpl drank. Purple color, some sediment. Aroma is berries. Taste is berries, better then many of the fruit beers on the site. Cherry Wheat has nothing on St Ides purple.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
NPRugby11 (219) - New York, USA - SEP 5, 2009
Has a nice deep red color but that’s the only redeeming quality...smells like cough medicine and tastes of that, sugar, and grain alcohol...revolting stuff, and to think the kiwi-strawberry wasn’t that bad

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Nejhleader (1393) - Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 29, 2008
has a berry aroma to it, and kinda a fruity berry flavor to it. Not sure how it is classified as a beer, but it wasn’t all that bad.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
urnamesucks (92) - New York City, New York, USA - AUG 21, 2008
Pure sugar but the ladies would drink them by the gallon when we were younger. Lightweight fruity status.