overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 970   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.3   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Two row spring barley from the south of England, a special strain of yeast, ice-age glacier water from the "Rotenburger Rinne," plus hops from the famous "Hallertau Hop Gardens" in southern Germany are the ingredients that give St. Pauli Girl Lager its unsurpassed quality and taste and keeps you coming back for more.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
badgerben (4614) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - SEP 24, 2003
Bottle. Aww man... the second I smelled this thing I wanted to die. It doesn't have a powerful skunky smell, but it's there. Tastes like very watered down skunk spray. I've certainly had worse, the only reason this isn't a .5.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
AleDrinker (1089) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - JUL 25, 2004
Its your typical mass produced pilsener, throw in a high level of carbonation and skunky aroma and there you have it. Save your money.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Gmoney (442) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 20, 2006
12oz bottle yellow pour no head . no lace, overwhelming skunk aroma (my wife thought there was one in the house) flavor is a watered skunk hop water couldnt finish it

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
tkhans (50) - Bangor, Wisconsin, USA - APR 23, 2007
I’ll try to finish it but this is a skunky pilsner with a hint of bitterness and something close to a regular pilsner taste hidden under al that mess. yuch, ick, and phew.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Gabemik (46) - Joplin, Missouri, USA - MAY 26, 2007
So similar to an American football beer that it’s easy to mistake it for one. They must keep the good stuff in country.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
LadyBeerLover (70) - Benton, Arkansas, USA - DEC 19, 2002
I GOT A SKUNKY BOTTLE....MAY BE BETTER NEXT TIME

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 1, 2001
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2006 I can’t believe that I used to like this beer. A great beer if you like overpriced, skunked, weak lagers.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAY 29, 2002
ick. have had numerous times, and not yet been anywhere near ’average’. Only rises above ’Krap’ when served very cold to kill the funky flavors. not much to enjoy here

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
surfmurf (85) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 13, 2003
I had this in a can and it was the first beer I ever dumped down the drain. It seems vastly overrated and perhaps I even had a bad brew but I won't pass this way again. Still better than Corona, but not much.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 14, 2004
i thought "Hey, nice chick on bottle wouldn’t do me wrong." right? WRONG!! From the aroma get-go I was appalled and already gagging. Watered down and skunky...takes a java stout to get that one off your palate.