Stadin Eldorado Lager

Brewed by Stadin Panimo
Style: Premium Lager
Helsinki, Finland
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 2.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.73   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
FatPhil (9344) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - MAY 3, 2013
Tap (Villi Waino, Helsinki)
Odd aroma, it’s a bit all over the place. Yes I recognise all the aspects as being related to malt, and bittering hops, but there’s no single thrust and no coherence. But it’s not what I’d call a mess. Remind me to mark down ones that I’ve describred as a mess and given more than 5 to. Watery palate, crisp, even harsh carbonation. Lots of raw grains in the retronasals. Malts lsay eco lager a bit.- full of beer ingredients, but a bit dirty. Slightly oniony bitey spiciness, and savouriness. The finish really shows the "I’ve been eating raw onion/garlic" burn. But it is a hoppy tingle deep down, I can’t fault them for haviing a metric fuckton of bitterness in the finish. Might appreciate a bit (1-2 months of lagering in the bottle), to crispen it up. Has both positives and negatives, and just misses the mark for being good good.