overall

RATINGS: 951   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
beer_rookie (90) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 19, 2015
Pours a lovely straw color. Thick head, overwhelms my glass. Highly carbonated, Iím watching the little bubbles crazily rising from the bottom. Thin lacing around the glass.

Aroma is pretty harsh at the first. But after it mellows out a bit, itís okay. Itís slightly sweet, slightly grainy. I smell something that I think might be hops, Iím not real sure. Iím not super impressed by the smell.

Taste is pretty smooth. Itís sweetish. I taste some apple, seems like some caramel. I canít decide on my rating for taste.

Mouthfeel is not great at the start, but as it mellows out, itís pretty smooth. Itís not very crisp. I donít know how drinkable this is, it is pretty heavy.

Overall, itís okay. I like it. Iím not crazy about it. I had it from a 24oz can, poured into a pint glass. The first half wasnít great, the second half, that Iím basing the review on, is better. I donít know if my palate is adjusting to it, or what the dealio is. If you havenít had it, itís worth a try. Itís pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
keith0718 (412) - Kansas, USA - MAY 17, 2015
Has a very strong apple juice flavor. Itís not bad, but it doesnít taste like beer all that much.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
PlinyDad1952 (46) - - MAY 13, 2015
OHH BOY LET ME TELL YOU STEELE RESERVE A BEAST TO DRINK. IT ALWAYS GET ME IN TROUBLE. ITS PORBLY THE OKAY ONE MALT LIUQUORE TO DRINK. THE WORST TIME I DRUNK IT WE WERE AT MY CUSINS HOUSE THE PLAN WAS WE TO JUST HANG OUT AND RELAX WITH A STAR TRECK MAREATHON AND HAVE A CUPEL BEERS. SO I BROUT OVER JUST FOUR PLINYS. WELL OF COURSE MY DUMAS CUSIN DRANK MOST OF ITS AND I WAS TRYING NOT TOO BE ANGERY. I STARTED TO RADE HIS FRIGE AND I ATE ALL HIS LEFTOVER MACDONALDS AND MACK AND CHEESE AND I WAS GOING TO DRINK ALL HIS STEELE RESERVE. PROBLY FOUR HOURS LATER. WHEN CAPTAI. KIRK WAS KISSING THE BLACK GIRL WE GOT REALLY REAL DRUNK ON THIS BEERS. I NOW THAT I WENT TO MY TRUCK TO GET MY RITEFUL PROPERTY AMERICAN FIRE ARMS. I ASCIDENTEALY DROVE MY TRUCK IN TO HIS SIDE OF HOUSE THN REVERSED INTO A DITCH BY THE TRAIN TRACKS. LET ME TELL YOU MY TRUCK ALMOST GOT HIT BY A TRAIN BUT WE RAMMED IT OUT WITH HIS EXPLORER. LET ME TELL YOU DONT LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN HIS MOUTH. I CAMMED DOWN BECAUSE HE HAD HELPED ME SAVE MY TRUCK. BUT SECOND OF ALL AFTER WE DRUNK THE NEXT CASE OF STEELES I BLACKED OUT AND MUST HAVE FOUT HIM. I WOKE UP IN HIS DITCH WHERE THE TIRE TRACKES ARE. I FELT TO HUNGOVER SO I DRUNK ANOTHER CAN OF STEELE RESERVE AND ITS NOT TO GOOD.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Alcoman (4) - Texas, USA - MAY 10, 2015 does not count
Upon popping the can and taking a whiff, you just might throw up. Chances of vomiting will increase dramatically with imbibement. Texture is not bad and doesnít leave bitterness like many IPAs will but that is the ONLY advantage. I drank this stuff for years and while I have saved a lot of money... I also gained about 40 lbs. This dirty, filthy son of the devil will get you plenty wasted for pretty cheap but only the most desperate, bravest people will choose this over a good IPA.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
Theydon_Bois (12058) - Tourist Town (West), Berkshire, ENGLAND - MAY 9, 2015
Can during RBWG hotel lobby tasting night 1, 19/02/15, guess thanks to Homer or Drewface I reckon ? Pale golden with a big old white covering. Nose is pale malts, cereal, grain. Taste comprises paper, light caramel, grain, hint of vanilla. Medium bodied, fine carbonation with a smooth satisfying feel, light booze essence at the curtain call. Looks good, feels good - ok ML.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerbaaron (1579) - Arizona, USA - MAY 6, 2015
From 40oz. Bottle in a paper bag on a Wednesday afternoon. Nice and cold. Corn syrup, old grain and water. Mild beer-like taste even. Sweet. Drinks well enough for the price. Drinks really well for the alcohol content. Get buzzin quick on the cheap. Who needs a job??

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Minderbinder (2395) - Quťbec, Quebec, CANADA - APR 27, 2015
Bottle 40oz. Pours very nice golden with a huge gorgeous white head. Very nice lacing. Aroma is of pilsner malt, sugar. Taste is of sugar, malt, Palate: Full bodied. Medium carbonation. Overall: A fair malt liquor.

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ffbot (26) - Oakland, California, USA - APR 7, 2015
Hmm. The deep, sicky yellow coloring is offputting. The taste is alcohol, corn, and sweetness, bland. The appearance is dismal, zero carbonation or head or anything appealing to the eye. All in all it only exists to get you drunk, there is no other reason to purchase it

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
AdamT (237) - North Carolina, USA - APR 6, 2015
24oz can from The Shell Station on Nash St. It cost $1.59 + tax. Can poured into my Highland pint glass. Golden hue, normal clarity with mostly diminishing white fizzy head. No lacing. Aroma of flat corn. Corn and barley taste up front with more of a sweet malt finish. Not my favorite malt liquor but not terrible.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
tom10101 (3668) - Quebec, CANADA - MAR 27, 2015
Pet bottle (40 oz) bought @ Cambridge Wine & Spirits and shared by Minderbinder, thanks! Hotel Room Tasting post EBF, enjoyed in a brown paper bag.

Appearance: Hard to see through the brown paper bag, but it looks clear pale golden with a small white head.

Aroma: Massive grainy and herbal presence well balanced by a not less massive metallic presence (steel?), corn starch, banana, booze and rotten fruits.

Taste: Sweet boozy corn soup with herbal features, metallic notes and rotten fruits.

Palate: Medium body. Light carbonation. Herbal and sweet finish. Warming presence is higher that you would expect from an 8.1% abv beer.

Overall: Not that bad, I would take this over most Triple IPA.