overall

RATINGS: 916   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
joestatix (3) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - MAY 20, 2014 does not count
First off Im not a Craft Beer guy. I m the type of guy that likes to sit back and slam on pappies ol" cough syrup and have to clench my hand to handle the swig. Now that being said steel reserve holds a place in my heart. I was drinking it n and off since I was a teenager. It definitely aint for beginners. I recommend the forties. the 24’s just don’t taste the same it has a smooth grainy taste to me at first but as I drink more n more it transitions into a rich buttery flavor I love it the hang over isn’t bad either. all in all for the price of admission its a good ride

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
alexsdad06 (5263) - Ohio, USA - MAY 11, 2014
Inspired by Chris’s malt liquor share I decided to pop on this. 24 oz can. Pours a clear pale yellow color with a small white head. I poured this very cold to help the numbers. The aroma and flavor had sweet corn, grains, apple juice, and some alcohol. Not much going on here.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mikeywaffles (1) - - MAY 10, 2014 does not count
Contrary to the belief of most of the raters the steel is not a malt liquor it is a high gravity lager.....that being said while it is not everyone’s favorite it happens to be mine.....but I cant really taste any other beer because I have been drinking this stuff the last 10 years of my life......

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Shanebrews (167) - Texas, USA - APR 23, 2014
The aroma is too thin to detect anything particular. The appearance is yellow with ample head and decent carbonation. The taste is apples and grass. The body is medium and boozy. Not good but better than I remembered.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
EtTuCthulhu (992) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - APR 8, 2014
The aroma blends heavy amounts of yeast, corn, and dough with a hint of booze, and the appearance is a clear pale golden with a large white head. The taste is mildly sour with a touch of sweetness, and the palate has a full body, thin texture, yeasty finish, and an average carbonation.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
CpyNPrnT (304) - Indiana, USA - MAR 30, 2014
If you want to get drunk very quickly, pour in beer pong and drink. otherwise, taste is lacking.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 20/20
wade1point0 (69) - Colorado, USA - MAR 7, 2014
It smells so sweet I would almost guess it were a Belgian. Taste really syrupy and sweet. Pretty gross, but only if you’re buying a pint; when I’m drinking a 40 this is what I want. Boats and hos.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
BeerandBlues2 (9400) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - MAR 7, 2014
Tall can at home, no paper sack. Pours brilliantly clear dark gold with a medium-sized, very tight-bubbled pearly white head that quickly dissipates and settles at the glass edge; light spotty lacing. Aroma is floral/fruity (honeysuckle), table sugar, sweet corn, light and crisp Pils malt, light earthy and spicy hops and spicy alcohol. Flavor is moderate sweetness with a faint hop bitterness that takes a little sweetness away on the back of the tongue, peppery and spicy alcohol settles into the finish, lingering for a while. Light Pils malt and sweet corn taste stays throughout, and there is no real hop flavor; lightly dry finish as the alcohol escapes the tongue. Medium body, medium-light carbonation, and light alcohol warmth. I believe I will tip the rest of this out for the homeys.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
blklab2007 (1939) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 11, 2014
Awww yeah poured this bad boy into my 22 ounce glass and see they give you 24 ounces of value here. Freshness dated may 19 2014 on the bottom of the can so this is nice and fresh! If your steel reserve can come freshness dated then i dont want to hear any excuse from a brewery not to date your beers. Pour has a golden color with little head at all and slow carbonation. Aroma has sweet malt, grains, and minerals. Mouth feel is full for a lager and the carbonation is a tad low. Flavor is where the extra gravity kicks in with heavy malted sweetness against the grains and minerals. It is only palatable really cold and it will be difficult to finish. Feeling real classy drinking this from a glass.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
reggaedog (7) - stevens point, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 27, 2014 does not count
smooth but somewhat sour taste - not really that bad for the price, but honestly it wasn’t that great either.