overall

RATINGS: 929   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
AdamJackson (2689) - Enfield, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 15, 2014
Vigorous pour, 3 finger head crimson orange head. Nose is weak with a touch of honey. Very sweet, honey and rice with a touch if mango and papaya.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
AirForceHops (3315) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 14, 2014
24 oz. can. Clear gold, no head. Aroma is a weak hint of lager yeast.

How many other beer nerds have rated this? The answer: to many.

Why did I waste $2.45 on this can? I feel like a tool and you should to if you feel like you need to rate this dumb shit. Yep....

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Darkmagus82 (1743) - - MAY 23, 2014
Transfer from BA review on 3-14-12 - Poured from can into pint glass Appearance- Pours a medium golden color with a thin white head. The head fades to give moderate lacing on the sides of the glass. Smell – Very mild. I only pick up fait hints of rice and some paper aromas. Taste- Very surprising taste. It has a biscuit and cereal body with corn mixed in. While many claim it sweet, I disagree; in comparison the many malt liquors it is much drier. The tastes are not to astringent and somewhat smooth. At the end the alcohol really comes into play, warming the mouth, but leaving it with a very strong boozy taste; almost like you get from a shot of cheaper run. Actually, its not really that off putting. Mouthfeel – For an 8% abv., the mouthfeel is quite light. The carbonation is a little bit above medium. The alcohol at the end creates a very dry feel in the mouth. Overall – For the price I paid for this brew ($1.50 for 24 oz.an) it gives you a great bargain. While by no means the tastiest beer out there, it wasn’t awful and did give a very nice warming feel. On of the best stronger malt liquors out there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
joestatix (3) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - MAY 20, 2014 does not count
First off Im not a Craft Beer guy. I m the type of guy that likes to sit back and slam on pappies ol" cough syrup and have to clench my hand to handle the swig. Now that being said steel reserve holds a place in my heart. I was drinking it n and off since I was a teenager. It definitely aint for beginners. I recommend the forties. the 24’s just don’t taste the same it has a smooth grainy taste to me at first but as I drink more n more it transitions into a rich buttery flavor I love it the hang over isn’t bad either. all in all for the price of admission its a good ride

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
alexsdad06 (5608) - Ohio, USA - MAY 11, 2014
Inspired by Chris’s malt liquor share I decided to pop on this. 24 oz can. Pours a clear pale yellow color with a small white head. I poured this very cold to help the numbers. The aroma and flavor had sweet corn, grains, apple juice, and some alcohol. Not much going on here.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mikeywaffles (2) - - MAY 10, 2014 does not count
Contrary to the belief of most of the raters the steel is not a malt liquor it is a high gravity lager.....that being said while it is not everyone’s favorite it happens to be mine.....but I cant really taste any other beer because I have been drinking this stuff the last 10 years of my life......

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Shanebrews (177) - Texas, USA - APR 23, 2014
The aroma is too thin to detect anything particular. The appearance is yellow with ample head and decent carbonation. The taste is apples and grass. The body is medium and boozy. Not good but better than I remembered.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
EtTuCthulhu (1080) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - APR 8, 2014
The aroma blends heavy amounts of yeast, corn, and dough with a hint of booze, and the appearance is a clear pale golden with a large white head. The taste is mildly sour with a touch of sweetness, and the palate has a full body, thin texture, yeasty finish, and an average carbonation.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
CpyNPrnT (389) - Indiana, USA - MAR 30, 2014
If you want to get drunk very quickly, pour in beer pong and drink. otherwise, taste is lacking.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 20/20
wade1point0 (69) - Colorado, USA - MAR 7, 2014
It smells so sweet I would almost guess it were a Belgian. Taste really syrupy and sweet. Pretty gross, but only if you’re buying a pint; when I’m drinking a 40 this is what I want. Boats and hos.