overall

RATINGS: 915   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
DrSilverworm (5899) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 13, 2014
24oz can from a Shell gas station. $1.50. Canned June 9 14. Clear golden color. Little white head. Couple dots of lace. Bigger body. Lighter, kind of a smooth carbonation, but a rougher texture. Dry lightly biting finish. Bread, musty aroma, light skunk factor in the aroma, light lemony hop, light bite, nothing too bad. Kind of a light sour taste, sweet. Not great. Kind of makes my teeth feel rough. But not awful. I feel like it paid off, making sure this was fresh. Probably rancid post expiration.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
luttonm (2138) - Belgrade, SERBIA - JAN 9, 2014
24oz can in Seattle. Pale creamy yellow. Sour fruity lager. Pale and oddly creamy, sweet horrible funk. Ugly all around.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
travita (3839) - Frisco, Texas, USA - DEC 30, 2013
Can. The look is clear, whitish head, and golden in color. The smell is grain, malt, weak, and blah. The taste is water, weak, grain, and sweet malt juice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
merc7186 (1957) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - DEC 6, 2013
Aroma: Sweet Corn, Water Appearance: Clear Golden Straw Hue, Passes All Light, White Head Taste: Water, Mildly Boozy Mouthfeel: Average Carbonation, Light Bodied, Mildly Shitty

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Hiero (127) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 5, 2013
I was somewhat disappointed since I thought the Triple Export was decent for 8.1% alcohol. I thought this would be similar, but has some kind of nasty quality to it that makes it unpleasant to drink, even for a buzz. I try to avoid this now.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
olr1984 (1036) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - NOV 4, 2013
Man water and malt? Drank from a tall boy can. I donít have much left to say.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
XmnwildX12 (2078) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - SEP 29, 2013
Bottle share by Jared, it poured a very pale golden color and smelled and tasted like a sweet malty mess.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
dasdan (234) - BELGIUM - SEP 22, 2013
1pt 8 FL oz, 24 FL oz steel can. from a shop in San Francisco. Clear golden / light orange body with very large head. Very malty aroma and taste. A little sweet. Quite regular pilsner **

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
gmellison (410) - Colorado, USA - SEP 20, 2013
I drank a 40 of steel reserve. It got me drunk which is exactly what i wanted. Mission accomplished. Cigars for the whole team

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
youneverknow (4) - Ohio, USA - SEP 2, 2013 does not count
Letís be honest: nobody is drinking Steel Reserve for the taste. These guys find their way into my beer stash every once and a while and, frankly speaking, I am looking for the buzz that accompanies my $1.29 purchase. That being said, and having tried quite a few malt liquors in my time, this really isnít that terrible. It provides a quick buzz and, if drank ice cold (and I mean cold, because if it gets warm it tastes terrible), itís actually quite drinkable. It looks half-decent when poured out of the can (but whats the point of that?) and smells like sweet corn. Not overly repulsive but certainly not a treat on the nose. Donít pick this up if you are any kind of beer snob because this is not for you. I like beer: I like all styles, all varieties, and that includes malt liquor. When money is tight or if Iím just in the mood for something proven and quick, Iíll go for this. Overall I gave this a 14/20 - this reflects itís style, not beer in general. It doesnít stack up to some of the better microbrews out there, but then again I donít expect it to. Drink cold and enjoy the ride.