overall

RATINGS: 931   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.46   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 20/20
JerseysBeast (19) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 3, 2002
In the community of beer, Steel Reserve is the big, ugly, seven foot, 300lbs mother fucker at the bar that you don’t mess with unless you wanna get fucked up. And if you do wanna get fucked up, he’s your best friend. If you drink as much as i do, and beer doesn’t get you drunk, then Steel is your knight in shining label (as nausiating as it may be to drink). Props to the Steel Man.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
hopscotch (9518) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 2, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 6, 2008 Not good ! Sweet and spicy aroma. Crystal clear, dark golden hue. Large, frothy white head. Mostly lasting with good lacing. The flavor? Ok, just really bad... alcohol and very sweet and lightly hopped. Low marks for this one. Tastes like a lot of corn was used in the absence of barley malt. Medium-bodied with fizzy carbonation. Watery mouthfeel. Short, sweet, semi-dry, alcoholic finish. Please avoid this beer at all costs... except it is $1.58 for a 24 oz can!

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
sicmonkey (1) - USA - NOV 19, 2002 does not count
pheew i drank a 24oz can of this and all i can say is tat the local conoco sells the s#$t out of this stuff mostly to bums lol

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
BlackJesus99 (4) - Marijuanaville, USA - NOV 5, 2002 does not count
This stuff is great. Smooth, nice, easy, very good taste, and very potent. After 1 40 I’m feeling it a little, after 2 I’d call myself ’just drunk’, and after 3 I’m pretty well blasted. No other 40 can even come close to competing with this.. Think i’ll go crack one right now. Keep hope alive, you are somebody.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
jaymobrown (1693) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 5, 2002
I had $2 in my pocket and this fell clearly within the range. That should have told me to run away, fast. Solidly clear yellow with micro-bubbles. Strong awful bitter nose. Old water left in rotten grapefruit. The alcohol is overpowering, but it smells and tastes like rubbing alcohol. It completely ruins everything. The slight malt that tries to surface is tied and beaten to a pulp. It has high alcohol, but cheap buzz.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - NOV 1, 2002
More Halloween shennanigans. Coupled with the schlitz, undercooked hotdogs, and the unbearable heat and swamp gas (luckily the mosquitoes the size of bowling balls werent out)....I was kind of impressed with the fruity flavor and wretched, liquified bile finish that reminds me of swallowing a wad of hair Stell Reserve offered. Come midnight I figure its a good idea to start going trick or treating with a can in hand. So off we go...knocking on doors, demanding from anyone foolish enough to answer that we want some alcohol. By now we’re slurred and sluggish, like two frothing mongrels too grotesque to live in such a society, let alone neighborhood of such class. By the end of the night we’re in an alley between two houses barking at a dog and as the last coo-ta-grah... I fill my sink with the contents of my stomach and clog it up as it overflows with what looks resembles some kind of low brow chili and pork gibblets. Head my words...buy this for the experience...it will be unlike anything you could imagine or even tangibly garner in a state of subdued, sobrietal bliss.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Rhino (57) - USA - OCT 31, 2002
Only time I drank this beer was to get drunk fast, but it did not work since the beer is not good. Its to sweet for my taste

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
PorterPounder (5703) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - OCT 25, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2008 <b>Rerate</b>After 6 years, thought I would revist one of my first MLs- not as bad as before - have my tastes changed? Not as throatr clenching. <i>Original 1.1</i> Did you know that 211 is the medieval symbol for steel? See what a good well rounded education I am getting from all this drinking? Slightly malty - heavy alcohol aroma. Quickly diminishing head - weak appearance. Alcohol overides whatever flavor this is trying to deliver - but isn’t that the purpose of this ’beer’ (pssst - it is really a malt liquor).

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Frank (3016) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 24, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2010 Horribly, horribly yellow with no head. Not as skunky as most malt liquor. The most sickly sweet tasting beverage I have yet had the privilege to sample. But... All that aside... 8.1% alcohol! Yea!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 14/20
Turbotommy (32) - Westlake Village, California, USA - OCT 20, 2002
Best malt liquor for the price! It’s kinda sweet for beer, but it will get ya’ nice and wasted!