overall

RATINGS: 945   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.47   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Rhino (57) - USA - OCT 31, 2002
Only time I drank this beer was to get drunk fast, but it did not work since the beer is not good. Its to sweet for my taste

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
PorterPounder (5968) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - OCT 25, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2008 <b>Rerate</b>After 6 years, thought I would revist one of my first MLs- not as bad as before - have my tastes changed? Not as throatr clenching. <i>Original 1.1</i> Did you know that 211 is the medieval symbol for steel? See what a good well rounded education I am getting from all this drinking? Slightly malty - heavy alcohol aroma. Quickly diminishing head - weak appearance. Alcohol overides whatever flavor this is trying to deliver - but isn’t that the purpose of this ’beer’ (pssst - it is really a malt liquor).

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Frank (3257) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 24, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2010 Horribly, horribly yellow with no head. Not as skunky as most malt liquor. The most sickly sweet tasting beverage I have yet had the privilege to sample. But... All that aside... 8.1% alcohol! Yea!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 14/20
Turbotommy (32) - Westlake Village, California, USA - OCT 20, 2002
Best malt liquor for the price! It’s kinda sweet for beer, but it will get ya’ nice and wasted!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
DankbrewedDank (162) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - OCT 16, 2002
STEEL RESERVE...This beer should be reserved for nancy boy steel workers who don’t mind the taste of urine.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
FORTY DOGG (22) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 11, 2002
8.1% Music to my ears! When the store’s outta St. Ide’s, I grab the 211! It follows all the guidelines of a good 40, cheap, strong, hard to hold down, makes you want to fight etc.. It’s a well balanced brew with a cool label, and most important, it Fucks You Up, and that deserves respect, but try not to burp around your bitch after ’SIPPIN’ on it, I mean, you’d hate to have to slap her Ho-Ass for gettin loud! This is some heavy shit, handle with care!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ktulu99 (2) - USA - OCT 9, 2002 does not count
Fucks you up quick, tastes pretty good too.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
inarvi99 (1) - New York, USA - OCT 3, 2002 does not count
I honestly believe that this is the worst beer I have ever tasted. It has an overpowering metallic flavor that manages to meld seamlessly with the ethanol flavor provided by the 8.1 ABV. Anyone who drinks this because its cheep would be better off mixing iodine with seltzer for a cheaper fix.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeermanLayton (33) - Rohnert Park, California, USA - SEP 14, 2002
I like it cause it’s cheap and fucks you up!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Aesir (130) - Tustin, California, USA - SEP 12, 2002
If a bum ever asks you for spare change and you give him a giant can of this instead, he’ll be thrilled. I, on the other hand, have unfortunately undergone some bourgeoisification in my upbringing. Consequently, I’ve become accustomed to certain niceties such as running water, eating utensils, and beer that doesn’t taste like shit.