overall

RATINGS: 959   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
VTIrishman99 (64) - Virginia, USA - MAY 8, 2002
As a self professed malt liquor expert, I can safely say that this is one of the worst malts I’ve ever drank (choked down). Steel Reserve is just potent. I remember when it first came out down here a few years back, EVERYONE was talking about this beer talking about how bad it would fuck me up. I wasnt 21 yet so I had a friend go scoop me a few, and man, it tasted like ass! It DID live up to the hype and I did get wasted, but you know, its not even all that cheap for a 40... I think its like 2 bucks or so... I dont know who would pick this as a beer of choice unless they smoke crack also.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
bighair (51) - Hamilton, Ohio, USA - MAY 1, 2002
really cheap, really bad, really awful in the morning. if all ya have is $2 though, it can get ya ready to beat down mailboxes and scream a lot

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bkuzmin99 (20) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 1, 2002
This stuff ain’t pretty- not like those fancy microbrews, but gets the job done. And at 8.1% and 4.99 a six is a great value!!!

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - APR 29, 2002
Geezus, this was godawful! Worst malt licka I’ve ever tasted.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
grymy (105) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - APR 19, 2002
horribly bad

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - MAR 28, 2002
This stuff is pretty nasty. That may be its appeal however.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Odin (123) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAR 25, 2002
Why? Why did God allow this to happen? I got it. Must have been sent here by the devil.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 20, 2002
Heavy and finishes with a lightly sweet, corn malt taste. This “High Gravity” beer is real popular at my local hangout, not just because it contains 8.1% alcohol, but also because a 24-ounce can costs only 99˘ -- yep, less than a buck.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - MAR 16, 2002
Thanks to my peeps here at RateBeer, I picked up a 40 O.Z. of Steel Reserve 211 and yes, I drank it straight from the bottle. At 8.1%, I was feelin’ the alcohol about halfway down the bottle. This stuff smells slightly skunky, but I couldn’t tell if it was because of the of the clear bottle or because its SUPPOSED to be that way. This tastes slightly sweet, rather light and finishes up with a swallow that lets you know this thing has alcohol in it. Was it good? No. Was it bad? Yeah, it was bad. But I had a buzz going after drinking it and I must say, I have had alot worse, both macro and micro-wise. Peace out, time to wash the hoopty and catch some NCAA b-ball.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
billydee21199 (3) - Compton, California, USA - MAR 13, 2002 does not count
The undisputed king of the 40’s. The most rugged brew for the most rugged of men. Truly seperates the men from the boys. Got a plastic taste to it with an absolutly wickd after taste in the later portions. They got to put chrystal meth or speed in this stuff, cause you will become violent. In a word, STEEL.