overall

RATINGS: 959   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
SpecialBrew99 (57) - grand blanc, Michigan, USA - FEB 5, 2002
If you wanna drink this, save yourself te $1.49 it costs, and have some drunk guy piss in a bottle for you. This stuff is horrible tasting. At 8.1% it will mess you upp, but at the expese of your dignity and the following headache.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
beerstop (173) - Roanoke, Virginia, USA - FEB 4, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2003 Only really good thing about this beer is it's high alcohol content.

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
40oz (181) - Newport Beach, California, USA - JAN 27, 2002
Dark yellow urine color with a fizzy soda pop like head. Malty, bready, metallic aroma. Horrific sweet sewer gas, decaying vegetable, methane taste with a suggestion of fart. Strong ethanol flavor and low carbonation with a slightly cloying finish. I actually got used to the taste after about 10 ounces so the next 30 were tolerable. Notwithstanding the unmentionable taste, I would definately buy it again because it produces an exceptional inebriation. There must be some magical ingredient because it fucked me up worse than stronger beers like Piraat, Chimay, Old Saguaro, etc.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
carlitos99 (184) - The Big Apple, USA - JAN 23, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 23, 2005 Smells better going out than in. Here is an honest beer. I mean, itís cheap, powerful and does the trick. It will never win any medals outside of the local inner city hood, and thatís where I bought my steely 24. If you want a real malt liquor that will put you on your ass, pick up a six pack of the Danish Elephant.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 22, 2002
The label says 8.1% alcohol, it doesnít do it justice. This stuff hits you like a brick, have two and you can feel the night slipping away. This stuff is brutal,in taste and what does to you. I will never go out of my way to drink one again.

wykyd1399 (1) - crestline, California, USA - JAN 22, 2002 does not count
OMG this is the best there is....hey I may be a chick, but it takes me a WHOLE lot of hard alcohol (try almost 2 fifths) to get me buzzed....and only 48oz of this to get me to where I wanna be! this is the bomb! hella thanx to my best friend for getting me hooked!!!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 13/20
homebrewer799 (12) - Roslindale, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 21, 2002
Not the best beer, but as far as a malt liquor goes, it is the best. Most malt liquors are pretty pathetic as far as taste & alcohol content goes. This is the only real malt liquor. All this other crap out there that goes by the title malt liquor, usually only has only 6 %, but this shit has 8%. Donít waste your time with Colt 45, OE, Haffenreffer, etc... This is the real deal. Itís much tastier too.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
211Gramma99 (38) - Chico, California, USA - JAN 19, 2002
My fav. cheap. This is all my buddies favorite beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
adamlau (76) - California, USA - JAN 17, 2002
The worst beverage I have tried to date. Nose was alcoholic, although it did not demonstrate an 8.1%. Front was sharp, which lead to a metallic, sour mid. Ended with a poorly malted alcoholic finish. Not to the point of rubbing alcohol, but certainly headed in that direction. Now I know what a $1.56 beer tastes like. We ended up pouring the entire can minus a cupful down the drain.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oe80099 (5) - USA - JAN 9, 2002 does not count
pretty good but tastes like a toilet seat.