overall

RATINGS: 926   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUN 22, 2001
metallic and shitty. Iím sorry I even bothered taking a sip of this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
trolltramp99 (13) - kansas city, Missouri, USA - JUN 5, 2001
Most people donít realize it, but there are different kinds of steel reserve. The silver can of 211 is the most widely known across the country. This one is MALT LAGER. The other 211 comes in black can or label if on bottles. This is the original steel reserve. This one is a MALT LIQUOR. I have had this debate with many people. Even ones who have actually seen both kinds of brew donít believe me. The only two states that I know of that have kinds of 211 are: Oregon and Wash. St.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - MAY 19, 2001
Terrible, metallic swill.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
millerman99 (7) - USA - MAY 18, 2001 does not count
this is a cheap ghetto 40ty for people who are poor like me..it will put u down quick!!

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - APR 9, 2001
Took a small sip and wanted to puke. Itís hard to imagine drinking a whole 40 of this. I do have to admit though that it gained points due to novelty purposes and how drunk people get off it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
dbutler4699 (13) - Elyria, Ohio, USA - NOV 22, 2000
This beer does indeed have a higly acidic taste. In a way, it is a relief from ordinary standard lagers but I wonít make be drinking it regularly. It has none of the sophistication of what I would call a great beer.