overall

RATINGS: 964   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

Hercamund_Hops' rating

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Hercamund_Hops (29) - Rooster Poop, Nebraska, USA - MAR 15, 2013
3/15/13 8.1% LOOK: gold bubbly NOSE: VERY light hops and lager smell TASTE: what the!!??, how did I get tricked into buying this!?, cheap lager with a heavy fake sweetness down the middle of the pallet, bud light mixed with some corn sugar, sweet plastic aftertaste, bud light is better than this, heck...Chinese beer is better than this! FEEL: weird in a bad way OVERALL: good grief!!! ...it’s getting a 1.3 only because I want to leave room for the unfortunate event in which I taste a worse beer ...Ice cold ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Cajun (345) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - JUL 18, 2016
Can - Didn’t pour it into a glass. Heavy carbonation. Skunky. Much malt, corn, probably rice. Got slightly warm and poured some out.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
BlackHaddock (6201) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - APR 27, 2016
First ’Tramp Juice’ of my 2016 Californian adventure, 24 once can into a La Chouffe badged stemmed tulip three times on 27th April. Actually I liked the sweetness and malty base, not too keen on the corn flavour and alcohol content that could not be hidden by the week flavours or depth of body, the head could have hung around longer too. I have sat on park benches drinking worse, but I will not be revisiting this ’brown paper bag’ beer again unless I need a hangover and headache.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tfontana (663) - Fremont, New Hampshire, USA - APR 10, 2016
Can pour into nonic pint glass. Aroma is cracker, slightly metallic. Appearance is clear golden yellow with nice sparkle, fizzy white head with fair retention and trace lacing. Taste is lightly sweet bready malt. Palate is medium bodied with average to lively carbonation, abrupt finish. Overall, certainly no complexity here but it’s not like it tastes bad. I’d take it over a great sour any day.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
altonbrownd (5451) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - MAR 28, 2016
Can from Food Stop Rockville, MD. Yellow body with thin head. Skunky nose. Pure malt liquor. Tastes very bad. Sweet with syrupy texture. Acly. Not at all enjoyable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GeDub94 (3) - Pulaski, Virginia, USA - FEB 19, 2016 does not count
For a malt liquor it taste great and is smooth for 8.1% ABV. It will also keep you warm on these cold winter nights.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
BudgetDrunk26 (4) - Ohio, USA - DEC 1, 2015 does not count
All I smell is the Can ..Im not sure which one is worse, This or Camo. This tates a tad better than camo ..So lets go with that....Smell is of stolen copper, tastetheProlly from the store I bought it from ..(it was broken into recently.. Lots of copper pipe stolen)...Taste is the same ..pennies on your tounge, little hoppiness/corn mixed in ....looks great in a glass tho......defiantly not my fav budget beer......

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
CLeclercq1961 (118) - Temecula, California, USA - OCT 19, 2015
Another strange brew. Watery grain and astringent. Carbonation was big but tasted flat. Some vodka edge to it. Weird.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
ozzy70 (690) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - SEP 22, 2015
24 oz. can. Pours piss yellow with diminishing off white head. Aroma is metallic, some grains and nail polish remover. Taste was smooth and sweet, not to bad.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
LetsRiff (16) - Maryland, USA - AUG 21, 2015
What can i say about this brew? Terrible. That’s about it. The only reason I’m adding more to this is that there is a 75 character limit. I don’t recommend this to my worst enemy. I took 2 sips and had to stop. Just don’t drink it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
DesertDevil (685) - Arizona, USA - AUG 15, 2015
24-oz. can. The nose (which isn’t as terrible as I feared) is mainly sweet corn, raw cookie dough, a bit of asparagus, faint honey, and old yellowing newspaper. The color resembles very clear concentrated urine topped with a thin fizzy white ring for a head. Blech, the first sip reveals sugary corn syrup, stale breakfast cereal (like a bad mix of Corn Chex and Wheaties), and light canola oil. As the malt liquor warms, notes of cheap taco shells, buttery Ritz crackers, and the faintest floral blend wafts through the dominant cloying flavors. There’s barely any discernible hop bitterness. Very thin body with nearly a light oily texture and overly sweet finish. It’s not the worst malt liquor I’ve ever had (I shamefully drank a lot of crappy 40s in high school) but I would never deliberately choose this one if I were thirsty for a beer.