overall

RATINGS: 924   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

Equal420 (2) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - AUG 27, 2009 does not count
Mann ThIS SOmE bAd DrAnk....cOp A ThICk cHiCK, DeFinetlY dOeS ThE TriCk. cOLor DarK Like wOod, aRomA Is’t ThAt Good. PaLet tWo wEEks LaTe, oVeRaLL tAsteS gReAt.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
211Gramma99 (38) - Chico, California, USA - JAN 19, 2002
My fav. cheap. This is all my buddies favorite beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
KingCobra408 (2) - USA - JAN 21, 2008 does not count
Ahhhh, Steel Reserve 211. I personally love this stuff. Brings any day to a finish with a frosty cold 40oz of joy. Its sweet High Gravity flavor makes me smile as I know I am gonna feel great. And just as your HG buzz starts kicking in you can read the back side of the label through your half finished 40....it talks about 211’s creation, and its all enough to make you fuckin cry. Yeah, I love 211. Let it take YOU away in a $1.99 40oz Bottle and drop you off in the High Gravity Alps.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
assherbole (10) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 26, 2011
211 fucks you up plain and simple. this is great stuff to chill on. steelies in my hand gettin drunk YOU KNOW HOW IT IS

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
trolltramp99 (13) - kansas city, Missouri, USA - JUN 5, 2001
Most people don’t realize it, but there are different kinds of steel reserve. The silver can of 211 is the most widely known across the country. This one is MALT LAGER. The other 211 comes in black can or label if on bottles. This is the original steel reserve. This one is a MALT LIQUOR. I have had this debate with many people. Even ones who have actually seen both kinds of brew don’t believe me. The only two states that I know of that have kinds of 211 are: Oregon and Wash. St.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
timbrew99 (1) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 5, 2002 does not count
Quite possibly the best commercially brewed beer in America today. Joyously malty and smooth on the palate, with just a kiss of hoppiness, this beer is reminiscent of a fine doppelbock or Oktoberfest. Those accustomed to the lifeless character of most mass-produced American beers may find this brew uncustomarily full of body and flavor - but it has everything that you would want in an Ultimate Beer! P.S. If anyone knows where in the Boston area I could get some Steel Reserve, please post and let me know - otherwise I have to travel all the way to the West coast to enjoy some!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
chuckyf (2) - Torrance, California, USA - AUG 19, 2003 does not count
High Gravity is even better than Special Brew!! The aroma is delightful, the taste smooth, and the color amber-perfect.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mikeywaffles (2) - - MAY 10, 2014 does not count
Contrary to the belief of most of the raters the steel is not a malt liquor it is a high gravity lager.....that being said while it is not everyone’s favorite it happens to be mine.....but I cant really taste any other beer because I have been drinking this stuff the last 10 years of my life......

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
xxlevelxx (1) - miami, Florida, USA - DEC 3, 2003 does not count
Who can complain? This flavor is off the meat rack. I don't like malt liquors. I've been stuck with Old English. I've found a cure. 211 does the job and does it good. If I had a good paying job and no life like most these clowns on here, I'd afford higher priced beer. But 211 gives you more bang for the buck, and is a fav choice for me and my girlfriend, who is actually pretty unlike most girlfriends these nerds got on here (if they even have one). 211 Rocks

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
FORTY DOGG (22) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 11, 2002
8.1% Music to my ears! When the store’s outta St. Ide’s, I grab the 211! It follows all the guidelines of a good 40, cheap, strong, hard to hold down, makes you want to fight etc.. It’s a well balanced brew with a cool label, and most important, it Fucks You Up, and that deserves respect, but try not to burp around your bitch after ’SIPPIN’ on it, I mean, you’d hate to have to slap her Ho-Ass for gettin loud! This is some heavy shit, handle with care!