overall

RATINGS: 902   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
papajijo (22) - USA - JUL 1, 2002
i like this, and let me tell you why. I am not interested in spending all night just trying to finally get drunk, and when it does happen, everyone is already passed out. not my idea of a good time. with this stuff, i cut the process of getting drunk in half, and get to spend more time doing the stupid shit i do when im drunk.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
BlackJesus99 (4) - Marijuanaville, USA - NOV 5, 2002 does not count
This stuff is great. Smooth, nice, easy, very good taste, and very potent. After 1 40 Iím feeling it a little, after 2 Iíd call myself íjust drunkí, and after 3 Iím pretty well blasted. No other 40 can even come close to competing with this.. Think iíll go crack one right now. Keep hope alive, you are somebody.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
wheatbeerboy (103) - Addison, Illinois, USA - MAR 17, 2006
I actually liked this beer. Very cheap, very well tasting and will get you buzzed in a heartbeat. I work at a liquor store and this concoction is always one of our best sellers. As a matter of fact Iím writing this to you as Iím drinking a couple of them ( two 24 oz. cans).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
witchxrapist (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 1, 2011 does not count
Ah yes, Steel Reserve. 8.1 my son. Steel Reserve is my tried and true. It reminds me somewhat of a malt liquor pear juice, and I feel many of the naysayers say as such as, Iíve noticed most pizza shops selling it, generally donít know how to handle their beers, and so its unfortunately going to be skunked way too often, ooor that itís cheap malt liquor, which is taboo. I am a fan of all kind of malts, and Iíve had rather expensive "high quality" malts on tap at local taverns that taste identical to Steel.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 18/20
thecaptain99 (1) - USA - AUG 14, 2001 does not count
It comes in 24 oz cans. Thereís nothing like getting Fíed up on 4 cans of beer!!! Best alcohol content for the money.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
cjporosk (1) - USA - JUN 9, 2003 does not count
I'm amazed that this beer is rated so low. I am a veteran beer drinker and consider this beer a tasty rare find in the beer world. It is advertised as a Lager, not a malt liquor. In any case, it has a nice taste, is cheap, and has a good kick. What more could you want?? If you want something different (or marginally better) go ahead and spend three or four times your money. This is a beer that resembles many of the finest beers in Eastern block Europe as well... Drink it with an open mind and no preconceptions if you can and enjoy....

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
deeznuts (1) - USA - MAY 12, 2006 does not count
tastes a bit rotten, but it gets me where i want to be at a low price. put simply: itís the nickel express train to my destination, even if it hurts to come home afterwards- with steel reserve, you can afford to stay there all the time.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerFanDan17 (954) - Brunswick, Maine, USA - JUL 22, 2007
Wow. For the price this is an extraordinary beer. Great flavors of malt and grain. Very smooth and tasty... much better than the majority of macros and a high alcohol content gets you nice an drunk.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
BrockLandersLS (109) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 6, 2002
A decent 40 and a fav amongst the college crowd. But for a forty it does have alot of character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - MAR 8, 2006
My next door neighbor brought me a can to sample from his trip in wisconsin. I think this is getting rated a little under the wire. Nice hop/malt flavor, sweet, molasses, and hint of lime. Beer drinking season is just around the corner. This is a respectable beer. Packaging leaves something to be desired, but its whats inside that really counts.