overall

RATINGS: 921   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
AKThunder (166) - New York, USA - NOV 1, 2012
Probably the best damn Malt Beer you can buy for under 2 dollars a 24 oz can.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
joestatix (3) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - MAY 20, 2014 does not count
First off Im not a Craft Beer guy. I m the type of guy that likes to sit back and slam on pappies ol" cough syrup and have to clench my hand to handle the swig. Now that being said steel reserve holds a place in my heart. I was drinking it n and off since I was a teenager. It definitely aint for beginners. I recommend the forties. the 24ís just donít taste the same it has a smooth grainy taste to me at first but as I drink more n more it transitions into a rich buttery flavor I love it the hang over isnít bad either. all in all for the price of admission its a good ride

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
dcmike (1) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - JUN 21, 2014 does not count
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2014 STEEL RESERVE W/ A LIME - There are two kinds of beer drinking - serious craft brew joint visits (tour de beir) and everyday slogging. Corona (for example) strongly suggests a lime in the mix. OK - if we are masking the critical factors with lime, then all bets are off. Are we "drinquing bier" or drinkiní? If the answer is #2, then relax, save the money, drop in a lime and ENJOY. With the addition of a lime, they all taste good. So - if Iím droppiní in a lime do I wannaí pay $9.00 or $3.88? Iíve been drinking beer since Coors was only available in Colorado. Steel Reserve & lime is as good as any beer with lime. Save the money & get the buzz ,-\

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oe80099 (5) - USA - JAN 9, 2002 does not count
pretty good but tastes like a toilet seat.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
papajijo (22) - USA - JUL 1, 2002
i like this, and let me tell you why. I am not interested in spending all night just trying to finally get drunk, and when it does happen, everyone is already passed out. not my idea of a good time. with this stuff, i cut the process of getting drunk in half, and get to spend more time doing the stupid shit i do when im drunk.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
BlackJesus99 (4) - Marijuanaville, USA - NOV 5, 2002 does not count
This stuff is great. Smooth, nice, easy, very good taste, and very potent. After 1 40 Iím feeling it a little, after 2 Iíd call myself íjust drunkí, and after 3 Iím pretty well blasted. No other 40 can even come close to competing with this.. Think iíll go crack one right now. Keep hope alive, you are somebody.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
wheatbeerboy (103) - Addison, Illinois, USA - MAR 17, 2006
I actually liked this beer. Very cheap, very well tasting and will get you buzzed in a heartbeat. I work at a liquor store and this concoction is always one of our best sellers. As a matter of fact Iím writing this to you as Iím drinking a couple of them ( two 24 oz. cans).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
witchxrapist (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 1, 2011 does not count
Ah yes, Steel Reserve. 8.1 my son. Steel Reserve is my tried and true. It reminds me somewhat of a malt liquor pear juice, and I feel many of the naysayers say as such as, Iíve noticed most pizza shops selling it, generally donít know how to handle their beers, and so its unfortunately going to be skunked way too often, ooor that itís cheap malt liquor, which is taboo. I am a fan of all kind of malts, and Iíve had rather expensive "high quality" malts on tap at local taverns that taste identical to Steel.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
deeznuts (1) - USA - MAY 12, 2006 does not count
tastes a bit rotten, but it gets me where i want to be at a low price. put simply: itís the nickel express train to my destination, even if it hurts to come home afterwards- with steel reserve, you can afford to stay there all the time.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerFanDan17 (976) - Brunswick, Maine, USA - JUL 22, 2007
Wow. For the price this is an extraordinary beer. Great flavors of malt and grain. Very smooth and tasty... much better than the majority of macros and a high alcohol content gets you nice an drunk.