overall

RATINGS: 963   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

mynameisjonas (206) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - FEB 20, 2007
there was this crazy neighbor of mine who drank a couple of these a day because of the high alchol content. the stuff tastes awful but i guess it keeps the buzz going

slimchill (1044) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 3, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 1, 2008 Can. Nose is copper and aluminum. So much metal! Pours yellow with a lame thin white head. Taste is watery copper. Watered-down pennies, mostly. Sour, disgusting, but nonetheless a classically drinkable ubersession beer. Hurrah for beer, even in its least admirable forms.

ndubs360 (114) - portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 19, 2007
I can see why the bums near my house drink this. Try to drink one while playing cribbage.

QHopjunky (8) - , Indiana, USA - JUN 12, 2008 does not count
i think this is the worst tasting beer i have ever had, but when times are tight ill drink one...preferably by bonging it and perhaps followed by puking...god bless you steel reserve

tilldeath (109) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - OCT 2, 2008
a point higher than Mickey’s because it was in Grandma’s boy, and that movie rocked. The Beer however, not so much.

rman18 (312) - Caldwell, New Jersey, USA - DEC 31, 2008
This was just gross... Tasted like a really low grade beer, say coors light, with rubbing alcohol poured on top of it... Nasty stuff.

daknole (10785) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - NOV 18, 2009
Hahaha. Yellow. Stank. Corn. Grossness. Sweet. Grossness. Really bad. If I were homeless I would be sober if this were my only beverage choice.

ccex (1169) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 1, 2011
I spent a couple of decades in poverty, looking for a cheap drunk, and became too familiar with this guaranteed-to-produce-a hangover brew. Its metallic and nasty yet extremely popular. The only person I met who is a big fan of Steel Reserve 211 was a morbidly obese former student, when I taught a course about computer hardware to ex-convicts in Chicago who hoped to find a job demanufacturing e-Waste in the citys computer recycling center. Near the end of the course, #1 211 fan Albert (who was fond of saying "no one does better at doing nothing than me") dared me to come to a graduation party, where he would show me "a malt liquor that tastes like ant piss". Albert graduated at the bottom of his class, but he wanted me to fund the graduation party, assuming that Steel Reserve would make me sick or silly. I declined attending.

seymour (1827) - Maplewood, Missouri, USA - OCT 3, 2011
Poured from tall-boy can into standard pint glass. Straw color with weak white head. Awful creamed corn, solventy aromas. Looks like beer but barely tastes like it: no barley flavor (is the grainbill entirely non-malt adjuncts?), no trace of hops, just a jagged, alcholic bite. Even freezing cold, this beer is rough, rough, rough. And dont just blame it on the high alcohol percentage. Quality beers have ways to hide it, even some pale lagers. Guh!

craigd89 (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2011 does not count
Terrible, just terrible. It is the definition of bum beer. It tastes and smells like urine, the last time I drank it was a good five years ago. I was completely hammered, when I woke up my stomach as burning so bad and I promptly threw up. Never again