overall

RATINGS: 937   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.46   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

Lowe1983 (1367) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - APR 20, 2008
Pours a golden color wiht a white head. Aroma and flavor is corn and plenty of sweet malts. Good to get you drunk.

carlb (107) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - JUN 2, 2008
Where is the promised malt and hops? The beer developed a nice tall (1.5 inches) white head initially, but it dissipated/diminsihed immediately! Bitter notes front to finish - not hoppy, mind you, but unpleasant and metallic. Short finish. It has the color of light lager but poor flavor: Dust and cardboard. Is there any barley in the beer? Strong head effects due to the high alcohol content.

rustbucket0873 (279) - Krikville, New York, USA - JUN 2, 2008
Golden color. Smell of hops but mostly malt and alcohol. Tastes like rusty nails, malt, hops, swetness and alcohol. Not that great of an aftertaste.

BeerBaron617 (358) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - JUN 15, 2008
Even though itís been about 6 months since Iíve had this beer, I will never forget that awful, awful night, and the even worse morning after. It only took one 40 ounce bottle of this to get me piss drunk, and i will NEVER buy/drink this stuff ever again. In fact I heard a rumor that they may be shutting down production due to higher levels of public drunkeness in homeless people.

mdc3584 (3) - , California, USA - JUL 16, 2008 does not count
There should be a way to vote zero; one of the absolute worst beers I have ever had the displeasure of drinking. Yeah, it’s extremely cheap and will get you drunk quickly, but there are other beers that can accomplish this that don’t taste like liquid hell and don’t make you want to vomit immediately after consuming them.

beer1911 (3) - USA - JUL 22, 2008 does not count
The aroma is horrible, almost like bad cough medicine. When poured into a glass it is syrup like in thickness (nasty). The flavor is what i imagine watered down goldschlager mixed with pee would taste like. When you swallow it it triggers your gag reflex. I drank a 40oz of this out of desperation and went to bed feeling fine. I woke up 3 hours later vomiting in my bed and was not able to eat or drink anything the following day. I am convinced that this beer gave me the stomach flu. Good luck with this one.

Haslinger (866) - The World of Beer, Texas, USA - JUL 26, 2008
I consumed this on a bet from a fellow lifeguard. He said that no one could drink two of these during an 8 hour shift and one day we closed the pool for thunderstorms and 4 of us drank 3 of these each in 40 minutes. We were all completely drunk. Shit was not good. We couldn’t open the pool the restof the day because the guards were all drunk haha. I probably will buy this again bc it’s cheap as hell and will get you drunk

RedXIII (127) - Powell, Ohio, USA - AUG 3, 2008
Doesn’t get any worse than this. Aroma, look, taste, and finish of pure malt and urine. I really think this beer would make most people sick to drink it, even if your only goal is to get drunk. Try at your own risk, but it is thick and very hard to get down even during a drinking game.

RevZombie666 (14) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 7, 2008
I used this brew to take the paint off my ’67 Mustang before I had it repainted. Worked like a charm.

NeoHippie2 (1074) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - SEP 20, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2008 Wow...I must say, this train wreck lives up to its reputation. Never in my life have I tasted such a vile substance; it’s like you’ve got a bunch of dirty nickels in your mouth. Very strong alcoholic taste and horrible...everything. Purchase only under the most dire and desperate situations.