overall

RATINGS: 923   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

mmmmbeer123123's rating

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
mmmmbeer123123 (9) - Alabama, USA - JUL 30, 2009
Beats swallowing a street bumís piss to get drunk, but not by much. I mean, maybe if you cooled the urine down to freezing, instead of taking it from the tap, but the experience is not too different, I would think

1.3
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
Frizzell87 (3) - - AUG 10, 2014 does not count
I am a Malt Liqueur drinker as well as I enjoy craft beers. SR is not for everyone. It tastes below average. It is thick, it is offensive but it will send you to Buzzville very fast. 3 will get you drunk. If taste is your thing, stay away from this one because you will be disappointed. If getting a solid buzz or down right drunk is your goal....you just met a friend. I would go with AB Natty Daddy over this one if you are looking for a solid buzz with a decent malt taste,

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
hockeybeerguy (1853) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JUL 29, 2014
Reviewed from notes. This was poured into a pint glass. The appearance was a clear yellow color with no head no matter how many times Iíve poured this. Fast rising carbonation is seen. The smell was sugary sweet. So was the taste adding some booze. On the palate, this one sat about a light to medium on the body with a not so good sessionability about it. The carbonation was somewhat sharp. Overall, it might be a malt liquor but Iím still not into it.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Ed5388 (2030) - Forked River, New Jersey, USA - JUL 23, 2014
12oz can after canoe trip. Drank from can. Aroma of sweet grain and booze. Taste of grain, booze, and sweet berries. Aweful! Especially after drinking all day IPA all day!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Headbanger (3275) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - JUL 22, 2014
24 oz can 7/22/14 (7-11 DFW)-Pours a clear golden with a small white head. Aroma of corn, grain, and sweetness. Taste of the same. This medium bodied brew is just another malt liquor.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
kchampagne (105) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - JUL 22, 2014
The only occasional time I ever would buy this was when I was broker than broke in college and I had less than $4 to waste on a 4 pack. Itíll definitely get you buzzed, thatís why I bumped the overall score up from a "1" to a "2." Youíre welcome.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
BLeRg (1) - - JUL 16, 2014 does not count
My blood sugar suddenly went through the roof a few months ago. I had been drinking Steel Reserve for years as a diebetic with no Iíll effect on my blood sugar. I slammed my diet down harder and harder until the last few weeks where. Iíve been eating only meat. A few months ago Miller bought Steel Reserve so they could pour a ton of sugar in it. I never would have found out if the store hadnít ran out of it. My blood sugar went back to normal and Iím off my medication again. I drink a different brand now, and I urge all diebetics to avoid Steel Reserve.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
EDGEOFRS (1) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - JUL 14, 2014 does not count
Cheap as fuck and as soon as you taste it you start to feel buzzed cant beat it for the price it taste great at about 32 Fahrenheit or 1-2 Celsius if any warmer I always eat something spicy while drinking so I can keep the taste out of my mouth because Iíve been drinking it for three years now and Steel reserve above 50 degrees is still vomit inducing very bitter, full body, thick feel, average carbonation, bitter,

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
ClutchMasterson (40) - Aiea, Hawaii, USA - JUL 13, 2014
Well had to do it. Classic for old school brew pounding. Not much smell other than metallic and malt. Flavor is classic malt liquor with a bread and malt taste. Not for the faint hearted,

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
JHeath99 (890) - Warner Robins, Georgia, USA - JUL 11, 2014
Can from a gas station. Pours a super transparent golden with a thin layer of off white head. Aroma of malts. Taste of watered down malts.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Bif (1407) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 28, 2014
24oz can. Pours a clear golden color with a decent head thatfades quickly. Aroma is sweet with grain. Taste is similar with a candy sweetness and grass. Mild bitterness and a sweet sticky finish. Light body, smooth and much too sweet. I guess the sweetness is there to try and hide the ABV.