overall

RATINGS: 921   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

mmmbeer's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mmmbeer (1230) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 13, 2013
24 oz. can served in shaker from Gracy Food Mart- poured a transparent lightened yellow with a tint of orange (like piss), lively medium carbonation, one finger white head became a white film upon the lliquid surface, but to itís credit, it did lace. Aroma of corn and sugar. Hits the mouth with a light body, over flowing sweetness throughout, corn from the backend of the start to the finish, crisp finish that isnít biting like some malties. No booze detected either. Hey, not bad for a malty, and I damn near grabbed one of the evil empire beers (ABiNbev) instead of this. Shame on me.... SHAME!!!

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Ed5388 (1975) - Forked River, New Jersey, USA - JUL 23, 2014
12oz can after canoe trip. Drank from can. Aroma of sweet grain and booze. Taste of grain, booze, and sweet berries. Aweful! Especially after drinking all day IPA all day!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Headbanger (3231) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - JUL 22, 2014
24 oz can 7/22/14 (7-11 DFW)-Pours a clear golden with a small white head. Aroma of corn, grain, and sweetness. Taste of the same. This medium bodied brew is just another malt liquor.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
kchampagne (93) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - JUL 22, 2014
The only occasional time I ever would buy this was when I was broker than broke in college and I had less than $4 to waste on a 4 pack. Itíll definitely get you buzzed, thatís why I bumped the overall score up from a "1" to a "2." Youíre welcome.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
BLeRg (1) - - JUL 16, 2014 does not count
My blood sugar suddenly went through the roof a few months ago. I had been drinking Steel Reserve for years as a diebetic with no Iíll effect on my blood sugar. I slammed my diet down harder and harder until the last few weeks where. Iíve been eating only meat. A few months ago Miller bought Steel Reserve so they could pour a ton of sugar in it. I never would have found out if the store hadnít ran out of it. My blood sugar went back to normal and Iím off my medication again. I drink a different brand now, and I urge all diebetics to avoid Steel Reserve.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
EDGEOFRS (1) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - JUL 14, 2014 does not count
Cheap as fuck and as soon as you taste it you start to feel buzzed cant beat it for the price it taste great at about 32 Fahrenheit or 1-2 Celsius if any warmer I always eat something spicy while drinking so I can keep the taste out of my mouth because Iíve been drinking it for three years now and Steel reserve above 50 degrees is still vomit inducing very bitter, full body, thick feel, average carbonation, bitter,

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
ClutchMasterson (31) - Aiea, Hawaii, USA - JUL 13, 2014
Well had to do it. Classic for old school brew pounding. Not much smell other than metallic and malt. Flavor is classic malt liquor with a bread and malt taste. Not for the faint hearted,

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
JHeath99 (834) - Warner Robins, Georgia, USA - JUL 11, 2014
Can from a gas station. Pours a super transparent golden with a thin layer of off white head. Aroma of malts. Taste of watered down malts.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Bif (1386) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 28, 2014
24oz can. Pours a clear golden color with a decent head thatfades quickly. Aroma is sweet with grain. Taste is similar with a candy sweetness and grass. Mild bitterness and a sweet sticky finish. Light body, smooth and much too sweet. I guess the sweetness is there to try and hide the ABV.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
JStax (2853) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUN 22, 2014
40 ounce bottle picked up in jest and then poured into a pilsener glass. Pours a translucent copper with a frothy white head of foam. Smells grainy and sweet with some grassy qualities. Despite the clear bottle, it has escaped getting skunked somehow. Taste is sweet and a little grassy. Not a whole lot to complain about, it just isnít really my thing. Big body with medium carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
dcmike (1) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - JUN 21, 2014 does not count
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2014 STEEL RESERVE W/ A LIME - There are two kinds of beer drinking - serious craft brew joint visits (tour de beir) and everyday slogging. Corona (for example) strongly suggests a lime in the mix. OK - if we are masking the critical factors with lime, then all bets are off. Are we "drinquing bier" or drinkiní? If the answer is #2, then relax, save the money, drop in a lime and ENJOY. With the addition of a lime, they all taste good. So - if Iím droppiní in a lime do I wannaí pay $9.00 or $3.88? Iíve been drinking beer since Coors was only available in Colorado. Steel Reserve & lime is as good as any beer with lime. Save the money & get the buzz ,-\