overall

RATINGS: 956   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

Ktulu99's rating

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ktulu99 (2) - USA - OCT 9, 2002
Fucks you up quick, tastes pretty good too.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
LetsRiff (13) - Maryland, USA - AUG 21, 2015
What can i say about this brew? Terrible. Thatís about it. The only reason Iím adding more to this is that there is a 75 character limit. I donít recommend this to my worst enemy. I took 2 sips and had to stop. Just donít drink it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
DesertDevil (655) - Arizona, USA - AUG 15, 2015
24-oz. can. The nose (which isnít as terrible as I feared) is mainly sweet corn, raw cookie dough, a bit of asparagus, faint honey, and old yellowing newspaper. The color resembles very clear concentrated urine topped with a thin fizzy white ring for a head. Blech, the first sip reveals sugary corn syrup, stale breakfast cereal (like a bad mix of Corn Chex and Wheaties), and light canola oil. As the malt liquor warms, notes of cheap taco shells, buttery Ritz crackers, and the faintest floral blend wafts through the dominant cloying flavors. Thereís barely any discernible hop bitterness. Very thin body with nearly a light oily texture and overly sweet finish. Itís not the worst malt liquor Iíve ever had (I shamefully drank a lot of crappy 40s in high school) but I would never deliberately choose this one if I were thirsty for a beer.

1.3
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
kdm1984 (814) - Missouri, USA - JUL 15, 2015
Aroma isnít so bad - pretty grainy; has some character. Taste is where everything falls apart - dirty, boozy, vile, disgusting. Puke-worthy palate. Took one sip and handed it off to someone else. Blecch. Avoid like the plague. One of the ten worst drinks Iíve ever had.

1.3
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
edgallow (2879) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 15, 2015
pours golden with a white head. Aroma of sweet malts, floral and grain. taste is malts and grains.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
tsd08460 (252) - Marshall, Virginia, USA - JUL 12, 2015
Aroma: grass, cereal, Appearance: clear golden, white head Taste: medium bitterness, medium sweetness, Palate: medium body, slick feel, soft carbonation, long finish, Better than expected (my first malt liquor, yah Iím a noob)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
beer_rookie (146) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 19, 2015
Pours a lovely straw color. Thick head, overwhelms my glass. Highly carbonated, Iím watching the little bubbles crazily rising from the bottom. Thin lacing around the glass.

Aroma is pretty harsh at the first. But after it mellows out a bit, itís okay. Itís slightly sweet, slightly grainy. I smell something that I think might be hops, Iím not real sure. Iím not super impressed by the smell.

Taste is pretty smooth. Itís sweetish. I taste some apple, seems like some caramel. I canít decide on my rating for taste.

Mouthfeel is not great at the start, but as it mellows out, itís pretty smooth. Itís not very crisp. I donít know how drinkable this is, it is pretty heavy.

Overall, itís okay. I like it. Iím not crazy about it. I had it from a 24oz can, poured into a pint glass. The first half wasnít great, the second half, that Iím basing the review on, is better. I donít know if my palate is adjusting to it, or what the dealio is. If you havenít had it, itís worth a try. Itís pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
keith0718 (429) - Kansas, USA - MAY 17, 2015
Has a very strong apple juice flavor. Itís not bad, but it doesnít taste like beer all that much.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
PlinyDad1952 (111) - - MAY 13, 2015
OHH BOY LET ME TELL YOU STEELE RESERVE A BEAST TO DRINK. IT ALWAYS GET ME IN TROUBLE. ITS PORBLY THE OKAY ONE MALT LIUQUORE TO DRINK. THE WORST TIME I DRUNK IT WE WERE AT MY CUSINS HOUSE THE PLAN WAS WE TO JUST HANG OUT AND RELAX WITH A STAR TRECK MAREATHON AND HAVE A CUPEL BEERS. SO I BROUT OVER JUST FOUR PLINYS. WELL OF COURSE MY DUMAS CUSIN DRANK MOST OF ITS AND I WAS TRYING NOT TOO BE ANGERY. I STARTED TO RADE HIS FRIGE AND I ATE ALL HIS LEFTOVER MACDONALDS AND MACK AND CHEESE AND I WAS GOING TO DRINK ALL HIS STEELE RESERVE. PROBLY FOUR HOURS LATER. WHEN CAPTAI. KIRK WAS KISSING THE BLACK GIRL WE GOT REALLY REAL DRUNK ON THIS BEERS. I NOW THAT I WENT TO MY TRUCK TO GET MY RITEFUL PROPERTY AMERICAN FIRE ARMS. I ASCIDENTEALY DROVE MY TRUCK IN TO HIS SIDE OF HOUSE THN REVERSED INTO A DITCH BY THE TRAIN TRACKS. LET ME TELL YOU MY TRUCK ALMOST GOT HIT BY A TRAIN BUT WE RAMMED IT OUT WITH HIS EXPLORER. LET ME TELL YOU DONT LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN HIS MOUTH. I CAMMED DOWN BECAUSE HE HAD HELPED ME SAVE MY TRUCK. BUT SECOND OF ALL AFTER WE DRUNK THE NEXT CASE OF STEELES I BLACKED OUT AND MUST HAVE FOUT HIM. I WOKE UP IN HIS DITCH WHERE THE TIRE TRACKES ARE. I FELT TO HUNGOVER SO I DRUNK ANOTHER CAN OF STEELE RESERVE AND ITS NOT TO GOOD.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Alcoman (4) - Texas, USA - MAY 10, 2015 does not count
Upon popping the can and taking a whiff, you just might throw up. Chances of vomiting will increase dramatically with imbibement. Texture is not bad and doesnít leave bitterness like many IPAs will but that is the ONLY advantage. I drank this stuff for years and while I have saved a lot of money... I also gained about 40 lbs. This dirty, filthy son of the devil will get you plenty wasted for pretty cheap but only the most desperate, bravest people will choose this over a good IPA.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
Theydon_Bois (12864) - Tourist Town (West), Berkshire, ENGLAND - MAY 9, 2015
Can during RBWG hotel lobby tasting night 1, 19/02/15, guess thanks to Homer or Drewface I reckon ? Pale golden with a big old white covering. Nose is pale malts, cereal, grain. Taste comprises paper, light caramel, grain, hint of vanilla. Medium bodied, fine carbonation with a smooth satisfying feel, light booze essence at the curtain call. Looks good, feels good - ok ML.