overall

RATINGS: 54   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.44   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Steg Gold, a classic American lager, is very crisp and clean and easy to drink. We use the finest American two-row and six-row barley and a blend of the finest American hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MrPandy (3) - USA - JAN 15, 2002 does not count
A classic, refreshing pilsner. The rest of the country is missing out on a beer that tates like a beer should.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
nismoawan (24) - Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 2, 2006
Its either this or Lionshead thats sitting in my fridge most times. Not bad price, and not bad taste. I love the 16oz bottles, makes less trips to the fridge:)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
tone77 (256) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 31, 2012
Pours a golden color. Smell is of grains, corn. taste is crisp, malts, grains, some corn. Overall a refreshing session beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ron (2441) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 26, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2012 I was suprised this was such a good beer even though it spent 2.5 years in my spare fridge. I had a case of Stegmaier cream ale back in 79 while in collage in Alfred NY. That was very bad beer, but I was poor then. I received this from a friend who knew about that. I resisted drinking it until I started rating beers. It seemed fitting that I made this my 100th beer rated. Id like to thank Steve for helping me buy that case back in 79. JB for helping drink it and Chaz for buying me the much improved Stegmaier product of today.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MattShizzle (539) - Bernville, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 6, 2008
16 oz bottle. Lt golden, clear. Pretty good. Light malt and hops - much better than mass market US beers, though not as good as microbrew or European pilsener.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mikejmadden99 (103) - Mountain Top, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2002
This is a light golden color with a bit of foam on top, with a "slight" hoppy smell. Taste is a simple hop/malt mix which I call beer. No real after taste, but to me it is an average beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheBeerOrg (2145) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - MAR 27, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2010 Rated on 2009/03/27 - Pours yellow with a fully receding off-white head. Aroma of sweet cookie malt, herbal hops, toasted malt. Tastes of herbal noble hops, grass, sweet biscuit malt. Mouthfeel is medium bodied, lightly soapy texture with soft carbonation.
Ar6 Ap3 Ta6 Pa3 Ov10

Rated on 2010/07/02 - Pours pale golden with a mostly receding white head. Notes of pale malt, light herbal hops, and crispy lager yeast. Thin bodied with moderate carbonation. No detectable off flavors, but still lacking character.
Ar6 Ap3 Ta6 Mf3 Ov12

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Frank (2733) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 10, 2011
My second new pale lager in as many days. To me, there is not much closer to heaven that I can get w/o taking the plunge to my final reward. This one is pale golden in color w/ a small white head. The particular hue is one I actually find quite appealing. This could easily be one of the finest beers in the world based on appearance. Its not though. Its a grainy, fizzy and refreshing brew. It might be a bit on the watery side but it does have decent hop character, which is a bit grassy and maybe very lightly skunked. Id say in the end this does achieve what it sets out to achieve which is to be a light drinkable lager w/ a little more character than your standard American fare. I certainly have no complaints about that.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cheap (3942) - Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 15, 2009
UPDATED: JAN 24, 2012 My bottle just said stegmaier gold. Pale lager look, few bubbles. Sweet slag aroma, somewhat like grandmas old permanent treatment but sweeter. Scum on top. A mild pale lager with few ill taste trifles. Friendly and easy. Decent carbonation. Finish holds no negative effects either, just plain good beer. Probably should be styled as a pale lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
roder60 (1282) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 23, 2012
I admit, I was drawn to this because it was 10.99 for an 18 pack of 16oz cans and i was low on cash. Pours a bright clear gold with fizzy white head. Aroma actually has some nice sharp grassy notes. Flavor likewise is surprising. Some level of grainy malt to the base as well as some grassy hop notes in the finish. Overall, probably the finest super cheap beer Ive had.