overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Pale Lager
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 3050   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.48   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Stella Artois is one of the world’s best-selling beers and is enjoyed in more than 80 countries. Its full, characteristic flavour and high quality is assured through a superior brewing process and by using the finest ingredients available.
The UK version is brewed, filtered and kegged at Samlesbury. Batches are sent to Magor for pasteurising before being canned or bottled.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Dorqui (2125) - Brescia, ITALY - NOV 23, 2004
Shining color. Compact foam but not much long one. Bitter with flavor of malt. Balanced.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
AlphaOne (142) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 23, 2004
Light golden colouration, pretty standard appearance. Floral hop and light honeyish aroma, some lemon detected. Flavour, light malt, drying bitterness and floral, citrus hoppiness. Very average

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
fidemaster (282) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 13, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 12, 2005 Stella is an ok beer but I find it bland, and boring. I know in Europe it has a great name, but i think its just average.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ALLOVATE (2527) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - NOV 13, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2005 Tasted, notably, at a romantic dinner to please my fiancé and poured into a stem glass. Glowed a clear gold with large irregular bubbles failing to form a head. Watery thin and overly carbonation leafy corn lager that made me wish I had ordered a glass of wine. Became a little sweet and cloying when it warmed. Bland and lifeless, massively advertised Macro-stew of a beer that didn’t even sit well with my food!!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Indra (2682) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - NOV 7, 2004
I tried diligently to avoid consuming this beer on my trip to Europe, but when our dinner plans fell through and we found ourselves at the emergency backup dinner establishment, this was all they had besides Bud, Michelob and 255ml bottles of Castlemaine, and I was way burned out on soft drinks...

Anyway, aroma is very faint, just a little sweet, light maltiness and floral hop character. Light-medium yellow color, very bubbly, average head. Flavor is dry, malty and lightly bitter, clean and having a very light amount of hop flavor. Balanced, I suppose, and not offensive, really. Palate is crisp, the body is undoubtedly light. Just sort of a generic "beer" type of drink.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
DocLock (8246) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 5, 2004
I paid 3 bucks to add this notch to my beltloop, and at least it wasn’t a 300 dollar call girl who didn’t have 3 inputs. Pale yellow with medium head and some lacing, which gave this a 2 for appearance. Aroma of mild hopcit, and a noticable thiosulfate skunk odor. Tastes rather bland, with some hopcit, and a fairly crisp, smooth finish. I won’t buy this again, and with all the great Belgian beers out there, I can’t understand why this is so huge in Europe....

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
brownaler (378) - Topsail Beach, North Carolina, USA - NOV 2, 2004
On draft. I’ve tried Stella before in a bottle and this is much better. A little bland, but easy drinking.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - OCT 28, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 8, 2005 Weird, weird, weird. I do not like it. It smells and tastes like Pine Sol. Yuck. ***Second Rating: After having this on tap in Boston, I realize that I probably got a skunky bottle before. It’s still not that great, however. It’s very light in flavor and has a bit of a corn flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BrockLanders (779) - Panama City, Florida, USA - OCT 27, 2004
Well, it was free at the change of command reception. That’s about all their is to say. It’s a very average pils that’s not complex. Color and aroma is standard with no outstanding characteristics. A bit hoppy on the palate and a clean finish. A snoozer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mullo (102) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - OCT 26, 2004
Golden amber in appearance, with okay lacing. A great hoppy aroma. Really good on the palate. Nice and smooth, easy drinking. Perhaps a good session beer.