overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Pale Lager
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 3025   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.48   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Stella Artois is one of the world’s best-selling beers and is enjoyed in more than 80 countries. Its full, characteristic flavour and high quality is assured through a superior brewing process and by using the finest ingredients available.
The UK version is brewed, filtered and kegged at Samlesbury. Batches are sent to Magor for pasteurising before being canned or bottled.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Norton (329) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - JUL 6, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 8, 2003 Draft. Absolutely no head. Mega-carbonation overkill. After tasting, was so unimpressed, I tried to chug it and it burned my throat into oblivion. Ouch! Crystal clear gold hue. I challenge anybody to differentiate this from any BudMillerCoors brew in a blind taste test. The epitome of "run-of-the-mill".

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BillKismet (3395) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 5, 2003
Piss colored, bland, but fairly clean, non-skunked, german hop aroma/taste. By no means any good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 30, 2003
On tap. Fairly average beer, more malt than anything, lacks a bit in hops and distinguishing flavors.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BrewEd (182) - Wilmington, North Carolina, USA - JUN 24, 2003
Pale yellow with very little head. Not much aroma to speak of; this can be said of the taste as well. A light pilsner, I can't say its objectionable, however it certainly isn't remarkable in any way.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Shagnasty (130) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUN 24, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 15, 2005 Had it fresh on tap. Very nice, with a pleasant aftertaste, unlike when I had it out of a bottle, a green bottle, and the aftertaste was skunked. A very inconsistent beer, had to re-rate it. Like it alot better when I was 18.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
jbrus (4991) - Delft, NETHERLANDS - JUN 20, 2003
Lights skunky aroma. Pale yellow color, white head, fair lace. Thin, little malty, little hoppy, just a light pils. Short finish. The only pilsener my wife likes by the way. Probably because of the lack of flavors.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
RichardWilding (201) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 15, 2003
This is a very dissapointing beer, so much for the reassuringly expensive advertising. It is over-rated and not something I will be rushing out to buy again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUN 12, 2003
does not even come close to the other beers that i had tonight. had a very average beer flavor and taste... the type that makes people drink budmillercoors.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
haamerhed (6) - USA - JUN 11, 2003 does not count
This one's new in my neighborhood & I thought I'd give it a try. Nice fluffy head and deceiving skunky aroma- this beer is somewhat musty with a flat finish. I found this much like any other euro-lager (middle of the road).

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
WabashMan (1016) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - JUN 10, 2003
I disliked this beer very much. On a day in which I tried four lager/pils beers in a row (not as much by choice as by the lack of other options), this one was the least desirable. Not much in terms of a nose and the flavor was not overly pleasant. I'll pass the next time I see this one...