overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Pale Lager
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 2974   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.48   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Stella Artois is one of the worldís best-selling beers and is enjoyed in more than 80 countries. Its full, characteristic flavour and high quality is assured through a superior brewing process and by using the finest ingredients available.
The UK version is brewed, filtered and kegged at Samlesbury. Batches are sent to Magor for pasteurising before being canned or bottled.

morgrett's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
morgrett (20) - - APR 26, 2013
Sight: nice golden yellow, thin head that dissipates quickly. Smell: not much aroma here. Definitely hopy notes and maybe hints of dough?, a little skunky. Taste: Light bitterness, a little salty, dry, medium body. Aftertaste: Bitter notes linger briefly. Overall, a fairly nice beer, but youíll have to be willing to pay for it!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
UNLVBeerGuy (2) - Nevada, USA - OCT 23, 2014 does not count
I should start calling this the ďGreen Bottle Review Session,Ē but here we are. Iím going to review a Stella Artois that I happened to find without the case puncturedóno holes in it, so there should be no light that has gotten to it. As you can see, it pours fairly nice, as you would expect; nice carbonation with the bubbles; head retentionís moderateówent away fairly quickly, but it does leave a little white tiny head on the top. Letís get some aroma here Ö mainly getting some malt, thatís about it. There could be a tiny hint of skunk, which leads me to believe that, maybe, something in the way they produce these in the factory lets the UV light in them, but Iím not sure. Mostly malt is all Iím getting; Iím getting no hop at all on this. The flavoróagain, Iím getting that undercurrent of a little bit of skunkiness, very tiny amount. I do get a lot of malt, but it goes into a little bit of hop bitterness. Stays pretty malty with a slight, slight bit of hop bitterness to it; I donít really get any hop flavor. Get another little aroma here since it warmed up a bit Ö still nothing but malt, to me. Could be a tiny, tiny hint of some floral hop on there. Again, Iím getting some malt in the flavor, but I do get this tiniest hint of skunk, which leads me to just wonderóIím not sure what their packaging procedures are, or how it got skunky, but somehow it did. I can guarantee that package was sealed, or I wouldnít have bought it, because I donít need to prove to myself that green bottles get skunky. My impression of this beer is itís definitely a lot better than the skunky ones you getónot as good as the stuff I had when I was over in Antwerp. Iíd probably give this about a thirty out of fifty. Itís not terrible. The skunk is not really overpowering. Like I say, I barely get it. Not a great example of this beer, because I know it tastes a lot better in Belgium. There is actually, now that Iíve had it for a little bit in my mouthóIím getting a tiny bit of paper. I should have checked the date on that one. I donít have the box anymore, but I donít believe it was out of date. One thing to look out for isówhen youíre buying beer, especially beers that you donít want to age, if they have a date on them, and most European beers will have that, just make sure itís not expired. The closer you get to fresh, the better. Iíd basically say itís drinkable, but certainly not like I remember it. Again, green bottle beer is terrible. I wish these marketing people would get that in their thick heads and let the brew masters tell them, ďWe donít want any more green bottles.Ē They look stupid. Everybody knows now in America that green beer sucks, so letís start putting your good beer in a good container.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
aumentm (44) - North Carolina, USA - OCT 18, 2014
Great on a summer afternoon or with tacos. Crisp taste. Even palate. No aroma. Decent bland appearance.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
slowrunner77 (5983) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 16, 2014
"the most acclaimed of Belgian beers"...really? for a standard lager, not bad. fairly clean and crisp, but nothing that stands out from the crowd. every once and a while iíll be in the mood for one, but not often."

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
AusTexas (4) - - OCT 15, 2014 does not count
Itís a decent beer when I am not able to get my hands on a Beckís Sapphire. I donít find anything special about the bottle appearance or color of the beer, but I do enjoy the taste ... but not the slight "after bite" when finished. For the price ... I would expect more ... but there are others. \m/

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
eduardovl (871) - SWITZERLAND - OCT 14, 2014
500ml can served in a chalice. A: Pours the traditional Lager golden-yellow color with a big bubbled fluffy head. Clear. Very few lacings left S: Sweet grains (a bit bubblegum). Very biscuity. Yeasts. Floral and grassy hops T: Follows the nose. Sweet grains, biscuit and hops. Light citrus hops bitterness. It could be a bit less watery to be honest M: Very light body. Medium carbonation O: Really honest and decent Lager for a macro brewery. Probably the worst Belgians can do :p. Suitable for a hot sunny day... [ BA Review @ 5/6/2011 ]

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
Rmorris007 (50) - - OCT 9, 2014
Good beer, had that skunky flavor. I enjoyed it alone, didnít try a dish with it. Maybe this year for the holidays when I feel one Iíll try it with the turkey

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
beerguy00 (131) - Fountain Valley, California, USA - OCT 5, 2014
Pours a nice golden color with a small white head. Bit of a malty flavor, very light. Sessionable.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
panzerwolf (64) - FINLAND - OCT 5, 2014
Pours light honey with moderate white head. A taste of honey, very little hops and grain, with a very light body and some carbonation. Ok beer, but nothing that sticks in my memory after Iíve drank it. Casual drinking beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Tarosama (49) - Northumberland, ENGLAND - OCT 3, 2014
In the UK, there are 2 types of Stella Artois you can buy. 1.ďRealĒ Stella brewed in Belgium.(You can buy this version from odd off licence). 2.UK replica version sold in major UK supermarkets. 1. This is rather nice and refreshing Belgian lager. Very pale golden colour, sweet, yet hint of hop and dry finish. 2. UK replica version tastes awful, has nasty metallic aftertaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
metalspice (91) - Jevnaker, NORWAY - SEP 28, 2014
Flaske pŚ gatwick flyplass. Lys og intetsigende pŚ smak, men med god friskhet.........