overall
Salzburg, Austria
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 230   WEIGHTED AVG: 3   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
“The fruity one”

Real fruit juice gives the new Stiegl Radler a distinct, tart aroma and natural cloudiness.

Low in calories: only 35 calories / 100 ml Alcohol content: 2.5 % vol.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Grzesiek79 (2969) - Radom, POLAND - MAR 23, 2012
hay, cereal, grass, leaves, banana, cooked vegetables, woody, golden, cloudy, white foam, heavy cloying sweetness, medium bitterness, medium sourness, medium body, sticky, average carbonation, bitter,

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Powertrip (998) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 11, 2012
Single bottle purchased from a Co-op Liqour Store in Calgary, AB on 12/27/2011. Colour: Slightly clouded. Pale yellow and green hints. No head. Nose: Grapefruit, vanilla, hints of cheese and pine. Taste: Medium-high sweet, medium-light bitter, medium-high sour. Grapefruit, pine, late blast of soap. Still haven’t warmed up to these...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
cgarvieuk (13188) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JAN 1, 2012
RBESG 2011 Day 1 ... hazy yellow amber ... sweet grapefruit nose ... light fizz ... gbig juicy grapefruit ... juicy and clean

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
whitecap (289) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 7, 2011
On tap. Pours hazy yellow. fizzy quickly dissipating off-white head. Aroma is sweet with some grapefruit. Flavour is sweet with grapefuit. light bodied. Interesting.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
anders37 (15568) - Malmö, SWEDEN - NOV 22, 2011
Draft @ Draft House, Tower Bridge SE1. Pours a hazy yellow color with a small white head. Fruity fresh grapefruit aroma. Sweetish fruity citris grapefruit flavor. Has a sweetish fruity grapefruit finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cirrhosis (1175) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - NOV 21, 2011
Beer?? um ya?!? They should just call this get girls drunk liquid….But then I realize you’d need to get them to drink 12 pints of this to get even a slight buzz, and if you girl can drink………this sentence slash joke is going horribly, I know what I want to say but I can’t do it so screw it!!!! And I’ll leave it in because every time you use back space god kills a kitten. Yellowy fizzy looking brew that’s sits in a penis looking pint glass given to me by the bartender with 9 feet of dreadlocks. Aroma is sweet sweet grapefruit candy, possibly pineapple, hints of soap. Taste has nothing to do with beer, this is just straight up yummy pop. Crisp refreshing very light. I could pound this stuff all day long on a hot summer day but its mid November -15 and snowing……….Could beer glad I tried it bit 8$ for a 330ml pint is way too much to go for again. P.s. when I say pop I mean happy pop and or pop shop pop.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Borup (5086) - Albertslund, DENMARK - NOV 5, 2011
Can. Clear yellow colour with a white head. Aroma and flavour of malt and grapefruit.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gramity (1301) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 21, 2011
I found this "radler" highly enjoyable. I am not sure that you can really call it a "beer". If you drink it as a beer you may be disappointed; however, if you enjoy it as it’s own beverage you may be pleasantly surprised. Radlers are basically half soda and half beer. This particular case being some grapefruit soda. I found it quite tasty with a nice dose of grapefruit that gave balance to some of the sweetness. I find it incredibly thirst quenching. This is a drink I would thoroughly enjoy all day while doing yardwork. Just don’t expect it to take the edge off your misery at 2.5%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
EithCubes (4633) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 28, 2011
Backlog from June 21, 2011. Can, by 12.2011. Nose of extreme grapefruit, really cutting and slashing, tart and sour with that certain citric quench. Pours cloudy yellow with lots of carbonation and a loud, fizzy white head. Taste is dry, bitter, fruity; beer comes out somewhat in the Nachgeschmack, but it’s more appropriate to say this is diluted, very fizzy gf juice. Which I enjoy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
VertBaconStrips (2022) - Assat, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 7, 2011
Extra .1 added to score with explanation at the end of the review - it was a team effort.

Bottle but I’ll probably try it on tap cause this is pretty cool. Too bad its like 8 bux for a pint of 2.5% beer. Looks like watered down and a more yellow version of unsweetened grapefruit juice with a small fizzy white cap that was gone before I typed this. Fresh and airy aroma of sweet grapefruit much closer to a ruby red than unsweetened with the need to note it smells like a freshly cut open fruit and not the juice form. There is also a strange florally / herbal something - a totally new and unique aroma from a beer for me. Pineapple pop too. Ok, the smell baffled me so much that I had to go and look at other reviews to see if I could learn anything. Local drunk Duffman has a wife with the perfect nose - I quote: "grapefruit hand soap". Holy hell if that ain’t it EXACTLY. I really dig the taste with this tart bitterness that sticks out immediately. It’s actually kind of hard to describe that aftertaste so I won’t. lol. It tries to be sour at the beginning but doesn’t succeed until the finish. Pop like taste of a sour version of grapefruit cocktail juice. There is a bit of unique grain as well. I’d love to get drunk on this stuff but I would explode first from the gas.

The fruit fly colony that I have personally nursed via breast to uncountable healthy numbers are amused by the scent. This has attracted quite the following in a relatively quick time frame. Then again, if you consider that they have a 30 day life span and that they have been heavily addicted to this beer for 30 minutes AND you convert that into human years, the math works out that I would have to be drinking this for 19 straight days, 24hrs a day to equal the fruit flies lifetime spent high on radler. Fuck yea - fruit flies: the world’s most dedicated alcoholics.