overall
Salzburg, Austria
Serve in Shaker

RATINGS: 411   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 60   ABV: 2%
ďThe fruity oneĒ

Real fruit juice gives the new Stiegl Radler a distinct, tart aroma and natural cloudiness.

Low in calories: only 35 calories / 100 ml Alcohol content: 2 % vol.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
kermis (9980) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - APR 12, 2013
Can shared from Vaiz. Pours cloudy lemsip with a small white head. Aroma is massive grapefruit and citrus. Flavour is just grapefruit soda. Not really a beer, but not too bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jercraigs (9681) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 12, 2014
2014-12-04. Hazy pastel yellow body with a tiny white head. 3+ Aroma is pleasantly fruity, sweet grapefruit character. Flavour is similar, sweet grapefruit. Just tart enough to be refreshing, Iíd prefer more so for my own tastes. Smooth average bodied palate, modest carbonation. Pretty nice. Simple but quite quaffable. Enjoyable. Can from the LCBO, Toronto

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DrSilverworm (9671) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 11, 2013
11.2oz bottle, shared by Jay. Mildly hazy whitish yellow color. Thin white head, little loose lace. First impression: I like this way, way better than the lemon version. Grapefruit soda is much more interesting than lemon soda, it turns out. Less sweet overall, too. More of a tart taste, lightly zesty. Nice grapefruit and sugar aroma. Light to medium body. Crisp, lighter carbonation. Just a very light stickiness in the finish, I donít mind it at all. Liked this way more than I expected to, especially considering how much I didnít care for the lemon.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
slowrunner77 (9600) - Reno, Nevada, USA - AUG 19, 2014
16 oz can, 40/60 blend. Pretty much straight up grapefruit juice but less acidic and a little more approachable. Quite refreshing if a one trick pony... Gotta up my score based on sheer summertime enjoyment. Picking this over higher rated beers in my fridge more than once."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
djd07 (9481) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 13, 2015
Can thanks to Brian. Pours a cloudy yellow with small white head. The aroma is strong grapefruit and wheat. Thin mouth, tart citrus, light acidity, crushable, good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BVery (9387) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - JUL 8, 2012
Bottle. Pale yellow pour with almost no head. Aroma and taste of lemon and grapefruit. Very tasty and refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
JoeMcPhee (9268) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 11, 2013
Can from the LCBO. Pours a hazy yellow-orange colour with a fast-fading white head. The aroma is pretty much solid grapefruit - it also has the authentic sharpness of grapefruit (in contrast to sodas like Fresca that purport to be grapefruit). I swore Iíd never enjoy a Radler, but dammit, I kind of like this. Itís a whole lot more grapefruit than it is beer - but itís tasty enough.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
phaleslu (9249) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - OCT 19, 2015
Can at 16-Bit, poured into a pint glass. Forgot to look at the size, but Iím guessing 500 ml. I donít know for sure. I also hadnít looked this up for a few years because I thought I already rated it. I first saw it hit the Cincy market when our pregnant friend used it as her go-to at restaurants. Her kid is at least 2 by this point. Pours a hazy fruit juice color with a bubbly head that fizzes out immediately. Notes of ruby red grapefruit, sugars, mild spice, wheat, and lemon-lime soda. Light-bodied, with medium carbonation and a sweet, fruity, citrusy mouthfeel. Good. In fact, I liked it as much as its Schofferhofer counterpart, which I enjoyed quite a bit. That one had a better nose, but this one has a better flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DuffMan (9201) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 18, 2011
Bottle. It was 37 degrees in Medicine Hat today. This was chosen to share with my wife over salmon dinner on our sweltering deck. Aaahhhh, summer... finally! Anyhoo, on with the rating. Hazy blonde, poorly retaining head. My wife thought it smelled like grapefruit hand soap. Iíd have to agree. Sweet grapefruit cocktail flavour with a certain husky grainy flavour that is barely detectable once your palate recalibrates to the sugar load. I only enjoyed this because of the weather-- otherwise too sweet for my liking. Iím learning that radler styles just donít do it for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
olio (8986) - Tampere, FINLAND - FEB 28, 2015
50 cl can.
Pours cloudy pale yellow color with a small head. Quite dominant grapefruit aroma here, some grass and lemon too. Lemon and some more lemon on the flavor, grapefruit and grass too. Simple but refreshing.