Stone 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 649   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
Ale brewed with Anaheim chiles and cinnamon

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
NateBarnett (69) - Augusta, Georgia, USA - NOV 26, 2011
Pours dark red-brown. Smells sweet with light fruits, banana and spices. Taste is very sweet with fruity tartness and spicy cloves. Add a hint of chili to the mix and youíve got this bizarre concoction... Unfortunately, Iím not digginí it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
uhljoseph (64) - TAMPA, Florida, USA - SEP 7, 2012
Kind of a different Belgium strong with an odd finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
slats1221 (60) - Ohio, USA - MAR 10, 2012
Tastes like a stronger Great Lakes Xmas Ale. I liked it and would recommend. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Skakapa (52) - MalmŲ, SWEDEN - MAR 30, 2012
Dark amber, thick yellowy crown. Fruity floral aroma with notes of red cinnamon, more like candy than the actual bark. Green chili aftertaste. I look forward to seeing this age.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
tambrico (50) - New York, USA - AUG 26, 2013
Pours a murky brown color with a quickly fading tan head. Smells of deep earthy notes that I canít really pinpoint because I donít have such a sophisticated nose just yet. Perhaps some chocolate or coffee malts in the aroma as well. Taste is threefold; the bitterness hits right away but rolls on smooth - almost reminds me of the Old Guardian Barley Wine in a strange way. The bitterness fades and the taste of the peppers comes through. I didnít LOVE the taste of the peppers, but I could appreciate it for what it is. The finish is warm with the alcohol peeking through. Mouthfeel is thick and syrupy. Overall, interesting beer. I like its uniqueness, but I didnít think its features were as unique as the 12.12.12. which I think I like better.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Livid (49) - - JAN 1, 2012
22 oz bottle. Pours a dark amber, thin head that dissipated quickly. No real lacing, though Iíll note that Iíve had this on draft and it had a much better head/lacing. Spicy aroma - the chiles come through nicely. First sip tastes like a belgian amber, hint of cinnamon, light bitterness and little hop aftertaste. As it warms up, the chiles come through, adding a somewhat salty, "olive brine" flavor. I missed out on the early vertical releases, but this is by far my favorite thus far. Very unusual.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BcOneSeven (46) - Newville, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 4, 2012
NOTE: I used the bar code reader and it came up 10.10.10, but this is actually 11.11.11! I’m not sure what hit me! Good start... Flavorful throughout... Short on hops for a Stone.... Not sure how to describe the finish... Pleasant aftertaste, but it feels like the room temp went up about 10 degrees! I recommend you try it at least once! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Odysseyalien (41) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 13, 2012
On tap at the Blind Tiger Ale house, Manhattan 12-13-12. I was surprised that i liked this as much as i do. Sipping on it now at the BT, the cinnamon flavor is slightly more pronounced on my palate than the chiles. I do taste the chiles though as subtle as they might be. Nice lacing forming in the tulip in front of me as this delicious gem slowly slips away. A kind of Bayou mud-like appearance in the tulip...thin...difficult to say what color in the low light here. Gosh...another Stone to add to the rotation. Quite delicious. If you like flavorful beers, and Iím a big barleywine lover, you might like this. I do!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
jmilo64 (40) - Maine, USA - APR 8, 2012
drank 1/22/12 from notes. Good foamy head, amber red color, smell citris-y, taste is bitter but not strong despite 9.4! But it was too bitter for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Stracey (39) - Pelham, Alabama, USA - DEC 23, 2012
Puts nice dark red with a small tan head. Aroma is sweet with some spice underneath. Lots of different taste. Bananas, chile, sour. All mesh well. Solid effort.