Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 862   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87   EST. CALORIES: 276   ABV: 9.2%

ctseng (1) - , California, USA - JUL 11, 2008 does not count
It’s shock how amazing the flavor of the bitter chocolate oatmeal stout reacts with the human taste buds. I have to admit it took me by surprise; not that Stone has ever let me down, but still I tend to keep on the critical side. If you prefer dark, full flavored, bold beer; I highly recommend this.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
MikeBeerSmith (1) - , California, USA - AUG 16, 2008 does not count
Poured from a bottle into a large brandy snifter. The head was rather thin and short lived but that doesn’t bother me all that much. The wonderful smell of coffee and chocolate bellowed thickly from the glass. The palate was silky smooth and full bodied. Exactly what I look for in a beer. It had a rather bitter flavor. It wasn’t like the harsh bitterness of overly hoppy beer, but the well-balanced sweet bitterness of dark chocolate and coffee. The chocolatey after taste really stays on the tongue long after drinking. This is one of my top 5 favorite beers.