overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 3660   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wonít like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
nigos (631) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - JUL 9, 2004
Rich mahogany hue with a nice creamy light brown head. Iíve met some arrogant bastards in my time but they donít smell this good! A fantastic citrussy hopped nose with a healthy dolop of spice. This theme follows through to the taste which is equally fabulous. A malty toffeeish caramel flavour with a sublime floral hoppy backbone and a long finish. A magnificently well balanced beer. Wow what a great beer! Normally these beers that have novelty names are bland, but this just isnít. It is a great beer in a fantastically humourous and ironic bottle. It certainly has a right to be arrogant about itsí own brilliance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
cstuartj (1009) - Washington, USA - JUL 6, 2004
Not as powerfull as itís bigger brother the Double Arrogant Bastard, but still a great drinking brew in itís own rite for when I canít get my hands on the íDoubleí.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
BitterPoet (57) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUL 6, 2004
Thanks to my friend, Peter, who brought this to me this weekend. Man, a Clubber Lang right hook of a beer. Great balance of malt and hop with plenty of fire behind both. I am convinced if this was local and offered cask...I would be in serious trouble. Fantastic beer with a cigar on my deck reading Tolstoy....yeah.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
shotgun1431 (127) - franklin furnace, Ohio, USA - JUL 4, 2004
Good beer says my girlfriend and I must agree! Beautiful dark color with a big tan head. Very tasty. I must get more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
millerclmb (44) - Boulder, Missouri, USA - JUL 4, 2004
Most drinkable incredibly good beer for most other artisian crafts to be measured by. I would love to try this on tap. Crisp palate and very well balanced flavor. One of my favorites.

Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - JUL 2, 2004
Itís amazing to me how many times Iíve had this without giving it a proper rating... At over 600 ratings, thereís really not much I can add, but I will highlight: Awesome head and very nice lace. Fantastic taste that is very well balanced and hides the alcohol content. This beer is a standard against which others should be judged: Not the best beer in the world, but a damn good bell-weather.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
shameusburp (171) - Virginia, USA - JUL 1, 2004
Sweet with hops and malt. I thought the taste would be confusing but all of the flavors have the same weighting. Great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
wnp22 (685) - Toronto (Roncesvalles Village), Ontario, CANADA - JUN 30, 2004
Tasted in NYC. Tasted at brewtopia 04. Aroma is of bitter hops with a slight hint of sweetness. Floral. Appearance is a deep copper colour with a small tan head. Laces well in the glass. Taste is a blend of malty backbone with a big arrogant bastard bitter finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
CamdenD (1094) - Madrid, SPAIN - JUN 30, 2004
Great beer. Incredible aroma and appearance, looks like it should: dark and menacing. The flavor is heavy on the malts but enough hops (duh, itís stone) to balance. Itís a bit heavy on the tongue, but thatís understandable I suppose. This is a strong ale I could drink all night.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - JUN 29, 2004
Now thats what I am talking about -- tastes like they took SNPA, Dogfish 90 Minute IPA, and hyped them up on roids. BIG flavor. Had at Steamers Bar in Ketchikan, Alaska on draft. Nice red/brown color with tan head. Explosive hop flavor with pine overtones. Head stays with your till the bottom and trails its way beautifully down the glass. Aftertaste is a little much in the bitterness dept, but its worth the price. WOW!