overall

RATINGS: 1551   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. While freshness is a key component of many beers- especially big, citrusy, floral IPAs- we’ve taken it further, a lot further, in this IPA. You see, we specifically brewed it NOT to last. We’ve not only gone to extensive lengths to ensure that you’re getting this beer in your hands within an extraordinarily short window, we made sure that the Enjoy By date isn’t randomly etched in tiny text somewhere on the bottle, to be overlooked by all but the most attentive of retailers and beer fans. Instead, we’ve sent a clear message with the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than right now to enjoy this IPA.

Batch List:
Enjoy By 09-20-14 Enjoy By 09-13-13   Enjoy By 10-31-14 Enjoy By 10-25-13
Enjoy By 12-05-14 Enjoy By 11-12-13   Enjoy By 12-26-14 Enjoy By 12-13-13

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 9, 2013
Second batch Enjoy By 11.09.12. Bright orange color, super head and lace. Super juicy citrus and hops in the aroma, definite west coast. More citrus, pine, bitterness, typical west coast and typical stone. This is a good DIPA and I would expect nothing less from Stone. I sure hope we get another batch of this in Colorado at some point. Winner. Serving type: bottle 12-11-2012 02:19:24

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
Exhumed4u (1) - Ft. Huachuca, Arizona, USA - MAR 8, 2013 does not count
Nuts, spruce, spruce, cheese, earthy, cheese, spruce, toast, toast, spruce, spruce, cheese, cheese, citrus

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Pdubz05 (4) - - MAR 8, 2013 does not count
My buddy turned me onto this beer. I'm glad he did. This enjoy by 4/1/13 was a great batch. This ipa tasted like a lite ipa even though it was over 9% abv. Great on the palate. Next time it's released I'd go get a case. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
blipp (6959) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 8, 2013
4/1/13 version on draft. Pours clear golden orange with a white head. Dank and stinky, with citrus, pine, and... uh... weed, I guess. Medium sweetness, and not as much bitterness as I expected. Fresh and flavorful.

sepia5 (237) - Connecticut, USA - MAR 8, 2013
04-01-13 in bomber, consumed on 03-08-13. Pours a glowing orange with a minimal white head, with a slightly syrupy appearance. Nose is primarily grapefruit with a bit of pine and some floral characteristics. Flavor is pretty much the same. This strikes me as a unique IIPA by virtue of the degree to which grapefruit flavors are apparent. I like it a lot.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JLLSU (238) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - MAR 8, 2013
UPDATED: APR 23, 2013 Bomber--> New Belgium globe. Pours a light orange with a moderate head and some spidery lace. Smells of all the things you want from a quality IPA- citrus rind and some bubblegum. Taste is very bitter tropicals with some pepper. Very nice palate with moderate body and good carb. Tastes like a more bitter version of their normal IPA (which I really like). 5-17-13 version: Same glass. Pretty thick two finger head with sticky lace. Aroma is kind of sweet and grassy with resiny pine. Tastes kind of malty sweet with nice bittering balance. Not very noticeable tropical or citrus notes. Nice bubbly carbonation with a medium palate. I think I like this version better than last month’s.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
Miked1687 (608) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 8, 2013
On tap at pizza plant. Pours a golden yellow with a small white head. Aroma is sweet with citrus and fruit. Tastes sweet up front with the orange and malt dominating that section. Hops quickly take over and add pine and a balancing bitterness. Really good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Slubgob (229) - West Hartford, USA - MAR 8, 2013
04-01-13 iteration. Tap into 10oz sniffer. Hazy orange. Hops hops hops. Hops hops. Hops. Pine and grapefruit in the nose. Ditto in the mouth, not much else. Astringent grapefruit finish. Did I mention its hoppy? If you like hops you?ll dig this. If you want something else to chew over or expect beer to have some other flavors, look elsewhere.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Scrapersnbeer (1507) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 8, 2013
So the beer stocking gurus pushed this hard on me, although even at $8 a bomber, it is nowhere near the most expensive offerings. It is the 4/1/13 edition, in stock for one week only supposedly. Aroma of sharp bitter citrus peels, and yes the strength comes through in the nose. Has the yellow color of a nice lager. Wow, there is not going to be any malt in this one. Intense bitter citrus flavor, and the hops are so fresh that they maintain there own sweetness, which is good because there’s nothing else here. So light it’s oddly drinkable, but will certainly cause some digestive issues later. In the world of ageless bocks, barleywines and quads, here is a beer with a four week shelf life.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
durhambeer (2500) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - MAR 8, 2013
Draft pint from Sam’s, about an hour later than I usually have a beer. I knew it would be gone if I didn’t get while the getting was good. Pours a lighter golden orange with a slight haze. Moderate head and not all that impressive lacing. Still looks like I want to put it in my belly, though. Nose of orange, tangerine, grapefruit--fruit and rind. Pineapple and mango notes as well as a piney resin thing, almost slightly peppery. Those notes on the nose come out as an impressive bitterness on the tongue. A step slightly over the line for me in terms of bitterness... geez, never thought I’d say I wish an IPA had a bit more malt balance. Anyway, still superb and quite lovely. And strong, so thanks for the slight headache today, you sexy bastard gargoyle.