overall

RATINGS: 1268   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. While freshness is a key component of many beers- especially big, citrusy, floral IPAs- we’ve taken it further, a lot further, in this IPA. You see, we specifically brewed it NOT to last. We’ve not only gone to extensive lengths to ensure that you’re getting this beer in your hands within an extraordinarily short window, we made sure that the Enjoy By date isn’t randomly etched in tiny text somewhere on the bottle, to be overlooked by all but the most attentive of retailers and beer fans. Instead, we’ve sent a clear message with the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than right now to enjoy this IPA.

Batch List:
                                Enjoy By 11-12-13
                                Enjoy By 12-13-13

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ScipioA (265) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 24, 2014
Pours out a glowing orange/red with very little head. Fruity and earthy aromas wafting up out of the glass with surprisingly little alcohol for 9%. Very hoppy obviously, some pine, citrus, and pear flavors. It has sort of a spicy flavor to it, enhanced by the alcohol warmth. I made the mistake of reading a few reviews before drinking it, so I’m totally getting the onion tones. Thanks guys. Malt provides a clean sweet base. Overall really tasty IPA with an appealing gimmick that covers up a pretty impressive logistical feat. This was the Enjoy by 2/14/14, enjoyed on 1/24/14, bottled on 1/10/14

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BroSpud (1673) - , Massachusetts, USA - JAN 24, 2014
22oz bottle of the 2-14-14 edition. This is kicking my @ss. Probably better if it had come in a smaller bottle and I did not drink it on an empty stomach but it is so tasty I can’t stop drinking it. In my mind this is basically the same as a dogfish head 90 minute plus 4. I like hops I like the dogfish 90 and I like this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Adamrandels (15) - - JAN 24, 2014
2-14-14 bomber. Golden pour with thin head. Bright, sweet nose. High carbonation for an imperial, also a little more balanced than I expected. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JHeath99 (835) - Warner Robins, Georgia, USA - JAN 24, 2014
Bottle from Lazy Dog. Pours transparent gold with a nice layer of off white head and good lacing. Aroma slightly citrus with subtle hops. Taste is pure Stone: up front bitterness (not as strong as some of their beers) that lasts longer than most with little peeks of piney wood and citrus.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
VinegarStroke (267) - Napa, California, USA - JAN 23, 2014
UPDATED: MAY 13, 2014 Bottle 04/20/2014: 22oz- Very light haze, deep honey copper with light head and poor lace. Fresh clean hoppy nose with sweet malt aromas. Very lifted and floral. Not green. Dry, not sour and moderate bitterness to moderately high. Rubbery hoppy finish with honey malt. Bottle (22oz): Golden, hazy, light to medium head. Honey malt and sweaty hops. Not as lifted as two months ago. Dense nose. Dry to off dry. Not sour and certainly bitter. Very rich , dense and long. Almost balanced. Bitterness is too high. Loads of flavor. Piney flavor. Good beer. Not great. 3.5

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Enwiebe (106) - - JAN 23, 2014
1/23/14. Bomber. Enjoy By 02/14/14. Pretty classic West coast IPA plus the alcohol punch. Somewhat surprisingly light hop nose. Could be I'm close to the EnjoyBy date. Piney citrus mouth with a somewhat boozy base. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OldMrCrow (1769) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 23, 2014
Bottle from Bob’s, consumed same-day. ("By 02-14-14", on 01-23-14). If I’d read anything about this beer, or even read the abv on the bottle, I probably wouldn’t have bought it -- I’m that sick of DIPAs. But buy it I did, and it clearly isn’t going to get better with age.

Pours golden orange with a coarse white head in my tulip glass. Intense hop aroma: grapefruit pith and pine and TOO MUCH ONION. Must be some of them newfangled hops the kids are drinking these days -- the antipodal galaxy and nelson sauvin. The flavor more or less follows, malts taking a back seat, not too sweet, lots of hop oils late as one might expect from a Stone IIPA. Entirely reasonable, and it was no extra effort to finish a 22 of this stuff, but it’s not about to displace my go-to favorite, Sculpin.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
RespertFTW (517) - Michigan, USA - JAN 23, 2014
Bomber. Clear orange gold. Malt, tropical fruit and maybe a hint of pine. Smooth and dangerously drinkable.

-- rated with beerbasher

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Gamin (90) - - JAN 23, 2014
A wonderful hop bomb! I greatly appreciate the blatant naming convention. Too many breweries abstract any sort of bottling date away from you yet Stone wears it on its sleeve. Aroma is straight hops, tipping more toward spice than grapefruit. Unbelievably clear in appearance which completely outclasses other beers in this category. Flavor follows the aroma closely. While using the word "balanced" with this beer feels a bit funny, it is actually more balanced than the other hop bombs out there like Heady Topper. I dig it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
malkyore (165) - - JAN 22, 2014
If you’ve ever chewed on a whole cone hop, then you may have a good idea about what this beer is like. It’s sweet and hoppy beyond anything I’ve ever had, and just before this I had lagunitas sucks, which up until that point was the happiest beer I’ve ever had... Truly a great great beer, something that has definitely redefined what a double ipa should be for me.