overall

RATINGS: 1313   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. While freshness is a key component of many beers- especially big, citrusy, floral IPAs- we’ve taken it further, a lot further, in this IPA. You see, we specifically brewed it NOT to last. We’ve not only gone to extensive lengths to ensure that you’re getting this beer in your hands within an extraordinarily short window, we made sure that the Enjoy By date isn’t randomly etched in tiny text somewhere on the bottle, to be overlooked by all but the most attentive of retailers and beer fans. Instead, we’ve sent a clear message with the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than right now to enjoy this IPA.

Batch List:
                                Enjoy By 11-12-13
                                Enjoy By 12-13-13

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Enwiebe (143) - - JAN 23, 2014
1/23/14. Bomber. Enjoy By 02/14/14. Pretty classic West coast IPA plus the alcohol punch. Somewhat surprisingly light hop nose. Could be I'm close to the EnjoyBy date. Piney citrus mouth with a somewhat boozy base. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OldMrCrow (1867) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 23, 2014
Bottle from Bob’s, consumed same-day. ("By 02-14-14", on 01-23-14). If I’d read anything about this beer, or even read the abv on the bottle, I probably wouldn’t have bought it -- I’m that sick of DIPAs. But buy it I did, and it clearly isn’t going to get better with age.

Pours golden orange with a coarse white head in my tulip glass. Intense hop aroma: grapefruit pith and pine and TOO MUCH ONION. Must be some of them newfangled hops the kids are drinking these days -- the antipodal galaxy and nelson sauvin. The flavor more or less follows, malts taking a back seat, not too sweet, lots of hop oils late as one might expect from a Stone IIPA. Entirely reasonable, and it was no extra effort to finish a 22 of this stuff, but it’s not about to displace my go-to favorite, Sculpin.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
RespertFTW (520) - Michigan, USA - JAN 23, 2014
Bomber. Clear orange gold. Malt, tropical fruit and maybe a hint of pine. Smooth and dangerously drinkable.

-- rated with beerbasher

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Gamin (101) - - JAN 23, 2014
A wonderful hop bomb! I greatly appreciate the blatant naming convention. Too many breweries abstract any sort of bottling date away from you yet Stone wears it on its sleeve. Aroma is straight hops, tipping more toward spice than grapefruit. Unbelievably clear in appearance which completely outclasses other beers in this category. Flavor follows the aroma closely. While using the word "balanced" with this beer feels a bit funny, it is actually more balanced than the other hop bombs out there like Heady Topper. I dig it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
malkyore (193) - - JAN 22, 2014
If you’ve ever chewed on a whole cone hop, then you may have a good idea about what this beer is like. It’s sweet and hoppy beyond anything I’ve ever had, and just before this I had lagunitas sucks, which up until that point was the happiest beer I’ve ever had... Truly a great great beer, something that has definitely redefined what a double ipa should be for me.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Krej (104) - USA - JAN 22, 2014
I got a bomber of Enjoy By 2.14.14. This is a delicious beer and probably one of my favorite double IPAs. It is extremely hoppy, probably one of the hoppiest beers I’ve tasted. You can’t taste the almost 10% alcohol at all and it goes down extremely smoothly. I think I might go back and buy another bottle or two of this. I love it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Onebigtymer11 (59) - Vermont, USA - JAN 22, 2014
A: clear golden color, white head S: passion fruit, pineapples, citrus T: pine, grapefruit, citrus M: thin, fizzy O: top 5 favorite ipa all time. So dank and delicious

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dogbones (116) - North Carolina, USA - JAN 22, 2014
Beautiful clear amber pour with a 1 inch thick head. Nice lacing! Smells of hop dankness! Perfect carbonation and medium DIPA mouthfeel. Tastes onion strong with the alcohol hidden very well. Drink by 02.14.14. Happy Valentines Day!

David_Wilcox (1) - Mill Creek, Washington, USA - JAN 21, 2014 does not count
This stuff is amazing! I feel younger, I can now dance like a star where before I couldn’t even stand up. My hair is growing back. My muscles are... oh never mind. Just discovered this beer tonight at Central Market and now that it’s gone I want to drive all the way back and pick up a few more before someone else discovers it and buys them all. Love it! Not too sweet, just the right amount of hops, good bite, great flavour, did I mention I love it?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Thewade (322) - USA - JAN 21, 2014
Enjoy by 02.14.14. Superb IPA. Aroma is pine/spruce. Extremely hoppy (bitter after taste). That’s a good thing! 9.4% hidden well.