overall

RATINGS: 1253   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. While freshness is a key component of many beers- especially big, citrusy, floral IPAs- we’ve taken it further, a lot further, in this IPA. You see, we specifically brewed it NOT to last. We’ve not only gone to extensive lengths to ensure that you’re getting this beer in your hands within an extraordinarily short window, we made sure that the Enjoy By date isn’t randomly etched in tiny text somewhere on the bottle, to be overlooked by all but the most attentive of retailers and beer fans. Instead, we’ve sent a clear message with the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than right now to enjoy this IPA.

Batch List:
                                Enjoy By 11-12-13
                                Enjoy By 12-13-13

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
suprchunk (2029) - Crestview, Florida, USA - SEP 26, 2013
Clear golden colored pour. Small white head that quickly disappears. Little bit of splotchy lacing. Huge hop aroma. Little pine, and a lot of citrus. Very hoppy up front. Some malt follows and a bit of a peppery spicy note. Pretty dang good. I will enjoy this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
emacgee (3958) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - SEP 26, 2013
Very clean and sharp golden yellow with one finger of white head. Very fresh pour, as expected. Lots of fresh fruit and resin with citrus rind and oily hop notes. Very leafy and nuanced aroma. Very resinous and oily hop notes in the flavor, green and citrusy. Medium full body.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
gorditoabd (622) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 25, 2013
10-25-13. Bomber from BevMo Santee. Pours a luscious dark amber. Plenty of fluffy white foam from an aggressive pour. Nose is an explosion of passion and citrus fruits with just hints of floral and pine qualities. Taste is all the nose suggested and more. Exquisite of sweet, fruity flavors, clean malt body, excellent bittering pine notes, and a lovely finish that caps off a palate that hides the ABV so, so well. Mouthfeel is just the right combo of creamy and oily and smooth. Amazing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
TaktikMTL (5628) - Montréal-Nord, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 20, 2013
Verre de dégustation, provenant d’un fût, au Vermont Brewers Festival 2013 (Burlington, VT). Batch 08-02-2013. Arôme: Odeur d’agrume avec une pointe de fruits tropicaux. Apparence: La couleur est blonde. Présence d’un mince col mousseux et d’une fine dentelle le verre. Saveur: Goût d’agrume avec une pointe d’ananas et de mangue. Durée moyenne de l’arrière goût. Palette: Le corps est moyen avec une texture légèrement onctueuse. Moyenne effervescence en bouche. Légère présende d’alcool en arrière goût. (Rating #5104)

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
want1DIPA (213) - - SEP 18, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 23, 2013 Several bomber and draft pours over the past few months. I appreciate the forward thinking and creativity of Stone and that is why it’s one of the best craft breweries on the planet. Enjoy by is a great DIPA that is available year round -- a major bonus! Although it’s not my favorite Stone DIPA (Ruinten), Enjoy By has a great classic hop taste to it. I love the subtle yet complex bitterness. The grapefruit and line stick out on this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
RogertheKid (90) - Quebec, CANADA - SEP 14, 2013
Solid DIPA, nice, creamy, bitter, no big notes of alcohol; I loved it. Not sure why it need to be drank fresh, but I have enjoyed it, solid!

bpinard (2) - Old Field, New York, USA - SEP 14, 2013 does not count
I drank this on 9/14 on tap. Today is my birthday. It is a devastatingly nice looking and tasty IPA. I?ve tried them all and this is the best. The most beautiful lacing I’ve ever seen.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tambrico (50) - New York, USA - SEP 13, 2013
Currently drinking this 9/13/13 version on its last day of "freshness" . Aroma is very piney and hoppy. Pours a light amber with a very thin white head. Very citrusy taste, pine notes in there as well. Bitter throughout, but the finish is even more bitter. This is a quality DIPA offering, but I’m actually a little bit disappointed that I don’t like this as much as ruination. Perhaps this doesn’t have the sweetness or the smoothness to match ruination. Perhaps I’ll give another one of these a try when they’re fresh.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
solidfunk (3605) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - SEP 13, 2013
This really is a superior IPA. UP there with the Hill Farmsteads I recently had for sure. This beer brings serious game, and I’m just under the due date on my bottle. I can imagine what it’s like even fresher. Citrus, booze and sweet malt. Even some florals. Pours dark amber with good head and lacing. I prefer this to the ruination. Cheers to quick shipping power. Bottle from Premier Gourmet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Nuffield (3658) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - SEP 12, 2013
Not being a brewer myself, I don’t quite understand this. I understand why cheap lagers would need a sell-by date, but I don’t get why a high abv/gravity beer like this is better off sold this way. I’ve had plenty of DIPAs that are great when aged and there’s plenty going on here to keep it lively. Even so, this was a compelling beer. The aroma was especially resplendent with grapefruit, big orange citrus, and floral veins. The flavor wasn’t all that, but was still extremely drinkable and balanced, with little hint of the alcohol. Solid body, too. Excellent. Batch 9-13-13. (on tap, Happy Gnome, St. Paul)