overall

RATINGS: 1455   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.08   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. While freshness is a key component of many beers- especially big, citrusy, floral IPAs- we’ve taken it further, a lot further, in this IPA. You see, we specifically brewed it NOT to last. We’ve not only gone to extensive lengths to ensure that you’re getting this beer in your hands within an extraordinarily short window, we made sure that the Enjoy By date isn’t randomly etched in tiny text somewhere on the bottle, to be overlooked by all but the most attentive of retailers and beer fans. Instead, we’ve sent a clear message with the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than right now to enjoy this IPA.

Batch List:
                                Enjoy By 11-12-13   Enjoy By 12-26-14
                                Enjoy By 12-13-13

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Busick (390) - South Carolina, USA - JAN 26, 2014
A solid hop beer with a mastermind marketing campaign in the label! I have yet to really be able to tell a difference between the various batches, but I do love a fresh brew and this one is exactly that.

gripweed57 (817) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2014
22 ounce bottle. 02-14-2014 batch. Slightly hazy amber gold color with a small creamy white head. Fresh citrus/pine aroma. Notes of scallions and spearmint as well. Huge pine hop flavor right out of the gate. Sweet malt flavor pales in comparison to the overwhelming in your face big pine hops character. More green onion and spearmint in the taste. Some notes of parsley and black pepper. This is truly for devotees of Lord Lupelin.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jh773 (192) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 25, 2014
UPDATED: APR 12, 2014 At first there are some caramel flavors, but they quickly give way to tangerine, marijuana (!) and citrus peel. Not too bitter. Quite nice

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
GSH1976 (213) - Delaware, USA - JAN 25, 2014
Enjoy By 02-14-14 Pours a surprisingly light golden color and is very clear with a decent amount of head that dissipated quickly leaving nice lacing behind. Aroma is some pine and a little dankness with a hint of citrus but I have to admit it is somewhat disappointing. Taste is pine upfront then there is some bitter citrus. I can see why others have noted an onion flavor because it does seem to be there although very mild. The body is surprisingly light and the finish is dry. Stone puts out some good stuff but this was somewhat of a disappointment considering the praise it has received. I have been drinking a lot of Lagunitas Sucks lately and definitely would choose that hop profile over what is present in this particular Enjoy By. I might be way off base but there are some similarities between this and Dirt Wolf which also isn’t one of my favorites.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
thefle (168) - , New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2014
Surprisingly disappointed by this one. Not as much of a bite as I was expecting. The taste is decent but nothing to write home about. Its worth a shot because I’m sure i’m in the minority on this one but for me i’m not that happy with it.

luttonm (2771) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 25, 2014
Finally got my hands on some of this. Draft at Uber Tavern in Seattle. Rich gold, nice foam. Super fresh, clean, big hops. Simcoe-like aroma, tart copper hop. Big but juicy and fresh. Gorgeous beer

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
nj_BierMaven (116) - Flemington, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2014
Bottle 2-14-14. Grapefruit and pine aroma, not-quite-clear golden hue. Not much head, but decent carbonation, leaves a lacing on the glass. Resinous mouthfeel, I expected it to be more bitter but nicely balanced, malt not overpowering, can’t taste that it’s an Imperial strength brew. Delightful, good thing I only have one in the house because it’s too good to stop!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ScipioA (350) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 24, 2014
Pours out a glowing orange/red with very little head. Fruity and earthy aromas wafting up out of the glass with surprisingly little alcohol for 9%. Very hoppy obviously, some pine, citrus, and pear flavors. It has sort of a spicy flavor to it, enhanced by the alcohol warmth. I made the mistake of reading a few reviews before drinking it, so I’m totally getting the onion tones. Thanks guys. Malt provides a clean sweet base. Overall really tasty IPA with an appealing gimmick that covers up a pretty impressive logistical feat. This was the Enjoy by 2/14/14, enjoyed on 1/24/14, bottled on 1/10/14

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BroSpud (1770) - , Massachusetts, USA - JAN 24, 2014
22oz bottle of the 2-14-14 edition. This is kicking my @ss. Probably better if it had come in a smaller bottle and I did not drink it on an empty stomach but it is so tasty I can’t stop drinking it. In my mind this is basically the same as a dogfish head 90 minute plus 4. I like hops I like the dogfish 90 and I like this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Adamrandels (15) - - JAN 24, 2014
2-14-14 bomber. Golden pour with thin head. Bright, sweet nose. High carbonation for an imperial, also a little more balanced than I expected. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone