overall

RATINGS: 1551   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. While freshness is a key component of many beers- especially big, citrusy, floral IPAs- we’ve taken it further, a lot further, in this IPA. You see, we specifically brewed it NOT to last. We’ve not only gone to extensive lengths to ensure that you’re getting this beer in your hands within an extraordinarily short window, we made sure that the Enjoy By date isn’t randomly etched in tiny text somewhere on the bottle, to be overlooked by all but the most attentive of retailers and beer fans. Instead, we’ve sent a clear message with the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than right now to enjoy this IPA.

Batch List:
Enjoy By 09-21-12   Enjoy By 02-15-13   Enjoy By 02-14-14 Enjoy By 02-14-15
Enjoy By 11-09-12   Enjoy By 04-01-13   Enjoy By 04-20-14 Enjoy By 04-20-15
Enjoy By 12-21-12   Enjoy By 04-20-13   Enjoy By 05-16-14 Enjoy By 05-17-13
  Enjoy By 07-04-14 Enjoy By 07-04-13   Enjoy By 08-16-14 Enjoy By 08-02-13
Enjoy By 09-20-14 Enjoy By 09-13-13   Enjoy By 10-31-14 Enjoy By 10-25-13
Enjoy By 12-05-14 Enjoy By 11-12-13   Enjoy By 12-26-14 Enjoy By 12-13-13

chucklemation (789) - Pontiac, Michigan, USA - AUG 30, 2013
Clear golden color and a distinct hoppy smell. The flavor is slightly hoppy, with a little bit of citrus in the body and the finish. Tasty.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
mjpeterson812 (61) - Ohio, USA - AUG 30, 2013
Poured from bomber. Nothing all that exciting to look at. Pale clear amber, fairly big fluffy head that quickly faded. Aroma...the fun starts. Pineapple, pine, citrus, floral, HOPS, woody, pepper. First sip...so smooth! Big hop presence but not overwhelming. Bigger body than I expected. Full, creamy, thick. Fairly soft carbonation. LONG finish...dry and bitter but so nice. And this is 9.4? I’d never guess. Like others have said...I’ll be keeping my eyes open for every batch of Enjoy By!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
tobias (204) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - AUG 30, 2013
Enjoy by 09.13.13 - 22oz. Bottle: the pour is nice and golden with a small white head, but no one wants to hear about that. The aroma is the start of this beer. It is a complex combination of citrus fruits including grapefruit, orange, pineapple, mango, hints of lemon and lime balance by mild piney, resinousy, aromas with rosemary and hints of thyme. There are of honey and malt way in the background. The blend of citrus fruits with earth, piney flavors explode on the palate creating a beautiful symphony of flavor. Finishing with some peppery spiciness. Malt take a secco fiddle to hops in the show. Malt is there just enough to keep the balance and provide a smooth mouth feel. I will purchase the new release every time i find one.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pinkie (470) - New York, USA - AUG 30, 2013
This was enjoy by 9/13/13

Pours a clear yellow, amber. Brilliant and has a fast falling head of white foam that leaves loose bubbles and a ring and cap . Film on top and great lace.

Nose is pineapple and sweet from the ripe fruit. Dry pine needles and some grapefruit to be tart and to tease you a little. Omy. There’s not a lot of malt on the nose but what there is smells earthy and breaddy. Not too sweet just a breath of honey. Like if I leaned in close and then whispered the word "sweet." The real sweetness on this nose is from fruits and that excites. The hops are succulent even on the nose and floral.

The taste is out of this world. Malt is lightly breaddy and flows like silk under the sweetness of the fruit. It doesn’t offer too much and stays just behind the pine needles and the pineapple. There’s a little orange that comes forward as it warms. This beer is perfectly balanced and there’s a nice dry bitter. Not loud, not tremendous, just right. The hops are plump and floral on the palate and juicy in and of themselves. If that’s even possible. This has a fluffy malt character that is light as a feather and then there’s resin and oil and pungent spice but not too awful much. Just enough.

This beer is the reason you drink an IPA. It’s bountiful in it’s hop character. It’s decadent in it’s fruit sweetness. It’s malt is superb and flows underneath it all to lead you to a spectacular bitter. It’s pronounced but it’s not egregious. It’s not heavy, it’s light. the mouthfeel is something you don’t even think about until you are lost in the aftertaste. So glad I tired this. One of the best beers I have had this year.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Chalsk (1097) - North Caldwell, New Jersey, USA - AUG 30, 2013
On tap at Capone’s. Pours a golden orange color with a thine white head. Aroma of citrus, mango, and earthiness. Sweet citrus taste with hop bite. Dank sticky mouthfeel. Very good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dinkle50 (1134) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 30, 2013
Orange pour with a single finger head. Aroma is intoxicating. Probably one of the best aromas out there. Tropical fruit, mango, pineapple. Big full mouth. Creamy. Taste is very bitter but wow is it tasty. Clean overall. Full of tropical fruit and hints of citrus. Wow is this a tasty DIPA. Big thumbs up.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
gururyan (660) - Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA - AUG 29, 2013
Poured from a 9-13-13 batch bomber into snifter. Smells incredibly fresh as expected, very pale for an IPA, quickly dissipating head with lingering lacing. Palette is......screw this cork sniffery. This shit is chuggable as hell and packs a wallop. The lingering bitter is nice but a touch oily. While this is an exceptional beer, it’s not my favorite Stone. I’m super glad I got to try an Enjoy By though and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Will I buy it again?...probably not if there is some Ruination around. I hope I can get my hands on the 17th anni Götterdämmerung IPA brew, sounds very interesting. and unique.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jbeatty (1199) - New York, USA - AUG 29, 2013
9/13/13 bottle on 08/29/2013. Pours clear, bright orange, white head dies to slick of foam on the surface, nice residual lacing. Aroma is juicy orange essence, bright grapefruit and citrus peel, dark earthy pine and toasted malts. Taste is smooth, bitter grapefruit with sharp piney edge,some sweet roasted caramel cuts in to temper, lingering bitter finish. Heavy body, not very resinous at all and quite balanced, so drinks easy. Quite nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Hopswagger (199) - South Carolina, USA - AUG 29, 2013
09.13.13 P: A vivacious clear pale copper orange body with a crown of jiggly off white froth. S: Smells like your hands after peeling an orange. Crisp citrus hop explosion. Orange, melon, ruby red grapefruit, lemon zest, and toasted malts. T/M: Orange peel, lemon candy, mint, grapefruit juice, and mango. A sting of alcohol graces the tongue and leaves it tingly. Buttered toast, bubblegum and toasted caramel. Medium-full bodied with a great tingle of carbonation. O: Crisp bold hops that engulfs your palate and sweeten it with a toasted malt base. I have been waiting to get this as fresh as I could. This is a huge statement for freshness. I love this beer and I can’t wait till the next one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bill Becker (548) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - AUG 29, 2013
I bought this bottle online from Bringonthebeer. A- it pours a crystal clear gold with a close to a 1 finger head of foam that seems to be shrinking slowly, leaving some lacing behind. S- the aromas oozed out of the bottle when I popped the cap. Hoppy as all get out. Big grapefruit, decidedly bitter to the nth degree. Reminds me of a certain "triple" IPA, which shall remain nameless, that went above and beyond my comfort zone. This smells very oily with the hop presence.. T- laws yes..err...no. It’s not at all like the other brew I didn’t mention by name. Well, they are both VERY hoppy and bitter but this has an oily/fresh hop flavour that kills it. Light on the malt but not that light. Mid palate is where I notice it the most...a kind of earthy malt presence. The rest is all the best of what hops can bring to the table and I "should" know. I have had some of the best thanks to online orders, TRADES, and what I can find off the shelf locally. M- tongue stickingly great. Perfect carbo and body. The latter..woo, woo, woo! O- I guess I kind of get what the hoopla is all about with Enjoy By. Yes.I.do!