overall

RATINGS: 1146   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. While freshness is a key component of many beers- especially big, citrusy, floral IPAs- we’ve taken it further, a lot further, in this IPA. You see, we specifically brewed it NOT to last. We’ve not only gone to extensive lengths to ensure that you’re getting this beer in your hands within an extraordinarily short window, we made sure that the Enjoy By date isn’t randomly etched in tiny text somewhere on the bottle, to be overlooked by all but the most attentive of retailers and beer fans. Instead, we’ve sent a clear message with the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than right now to enjoy this IPA.

Batch List:
                                Enjoy By 11-12-13
                                Enjoy By 12-13-13

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
michcam8 (267) - Ohio, USA - MAR 1, 2013
Enjoy by 04-01-13....Pours clear yellow with a fuffy white head. Good amount of lacing left on glass. I was expecting more, I thought it was a good DIIPA, but not a standout, gotta go out of my way to get more bottles, kind of beer. Honestly, the GL Alehemy Hour is a much better beer than this one. Hops are noticable from the aroma, but its not bursting in the flavor. Golden malt flavor is detected as well. Descent beer, but not on the level on some of the better (available) DIIPA’s on the market in my opinion.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SDJason (1) - Coronado, California, USA - FEB 28, 2013 does not count
Loved this beer! Picked it up at a local shop, I wanted to try it before I filled a growler! This beer smelled and tasted amazing, I found it to be very well balanced. Stone just does it right.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
County95 (9) - Pleasant Valley, New York, USA - FEB 28, 2013 does not count
Just picked up 2 bottles today at Halftime Poughkeepsie. Wow!!! This is one of the best IPAs that I've ever tasted if not the best. Guess I have 1 more month to enjoy as many of these bad boys as I can. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
VikingHammer (506) - Lynnfield, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 28, 2013
Pour copper with a small, quickly diminishing white head. Moderate carbonation and a sweet dry finish. Aromas of pine, peach and a hint of citrus. Very drinkable! Very nice Ipa.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mixmasterob (879) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - FEB 28, 2013
Growler. Yep, this is rockin. Perfectly clear pour with a bright white head. Like newspaper worthy. The aroma literally jumps. Tons of pine and grapefruit and citrus oh my! Heavy on the pine. Citrus fruits for days, big grapefruit and pine in the finish; bitter and dry. Distinct flavor and aroma of blue spruce tips at times. Smidge of caramel sweetness in the body. Slick, oily mouthfeel, medium to full. Wonderfully executed, extra points for sheer balance and technique.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
toxichop (284) - South Gate, California, USA - FEB 27, 2013
Finally decided to buy this one. Enjoy by 4-1-13. A; Clear and golden nuff said. S: Pine, and grapefruit is unveil with lime zest and some lovely fruit aromas, the smell doesnt burst out like in the 10th anniversar ruination I had to put my nose all up in there. T:Similar to the smell but is leans more heavily on the pine and grapefruit, with some fruityness and just enough malt so it wont crush palate.M: medium to high carbonation with a light crisp and the usual bitterness from stone but it is more tammed this time compared to the ruination’s. O: Yes this was good easy as fuck to drink.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
nwyounan (3) - California, USA - FEB 27, 2013 does not count
Floral, grass, citrus, earthy, skunky piney, chronic. White foam. Sofa king smooth. Great with a friend. Share this greatness.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
OhioDad (2493) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - FEB 27, 2013
On tap at the daily growler in Upper Arlington Ohio. I’ve been away from here for quite a while now and in that time I’ve become quite the hophead.. I’ve tried lots of hoppy beers but this one made me come back and rate it. And I must seriously say this is the closest thing to the perfect IPA that I’ve had yet. Beautiful Floral and Pine aroma blasts right out of the tulip glass that I chose to pour this into. The color shows no haze a perfect amber with a good amount of carbonation rising to the top but not too much like some IPAs this one leaves an almost oily feel on your tongue. I don’t know how anyone finds alcohol in this one. I would never believe this is almost 10% alcohol as it is beautifully balanced. Silky smooth on the tongue with a nice dry finish yet that lingering sweetness from the malts clings as well. This beer really is incredible and I am very very happy that I got to try it tonight... Not only that but i have 64 oz of it to enjoy!!! If you can get this beer I highly recommend you give it a try!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
maddmatt639 (164) - Belmont, California, USA - FEB 26, 2013
A: A orange cop perish color. Half an inch head, with not much retention and what appears to be minimal lacing. S: Hop and citrus notes come first. Grapefruit and orange peel. A very sweet malty smell in the end. T: Hop notes are very strong up front, hops over power the citrus notes, which are hard to taste. Somewhat bitter in the end with some maltiness to it. M: A little bitter at first, but slowly subdues. Goes down pretty smooth. Not very heavy. O: Not a bad beer, but I enjoyed it more two months ago. Guess I should've enjoyed it by 12/21/12. Still enjoyed the hops and the great aroma. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Kroney (142) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 26, 2013
UPDATED: NOV 14, 2013 12/13/13 version... pours clear golden orange with a small dense stark white head that leaves good lacing. aroma is grapefruit, pine resin, tart apple with some fresh hop addition that’s almost floral. flavor is outstanding... stays of with some grapefruit bitterness with some earthy grassy undertones through the middle and finished with a nice smooth, but dry, piney dank quality. fkn outstanding