overall

RATINGS: 928   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67   IBU: 65   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Itís no secret we helped create and popularize West Coast style IPAs (since 1997), Double IPAs (since 2000) & Triple IPAs (since 2006). In fact, IPAs of every ilk imaginable are our bread and (hop) butter at Stone Brewing Co., but weíll be the first to admit that a night of subsisting solely on big IPAs can be a short one. Enter Stone Go To IPA, our session IPA, boasting all the gloriously bitter, citrusy, piney flavor of our bigger / industrial-strength IPAs, but with a significantly lower alcohol-by-volume (4.5%) allowing IPA fans like us to enjoy more of this amazingly, hoppy beer over a longer session, without giving up any of that gloriously crave-able botanically-driven dankness. Well, OK, when you compare to our bigger IPAs you find that you give up some, as thatís what happens when you dramatically lower the abv. And while we work hard to bend the time/space/abv intensity continuum, weíve admittedly not yet learned to break it. This comes damn close though.

Ctplt777 (337) - - MAR 27, 2014
This is just it. Go to IPA is the real deal. So hoppy, so floral, citrus bomb, hop bomb just amazing. This beer is such a low ABV but has so much flavor and so much punch itís straight filthy. All IPAís need to just pay homage to this beer. Stone is so consistent and represents what beer should beer. Say what you will but stone is keeping beer alive and in a beer world with stone, I feel pretty damn safe. Thank christ for stone and for beer.

bgold86 (35) - - APR 1, 2015
Look up sesh IPA in the dictionary, this should be it. Tons of aroma and flavor of a much higher abv (and expensive) beer. very well done!

Hop_Hedonist (335) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - AUG 24, 2015
This is most tasty low abv pale ale I can remember - the dominant peachy hops really float my boat - the bitterness is exquisite - totally brilliant.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
gsonick (2) - San Jose, California, USA - MAR 7, 2014 does not count
Do yourself a favor........blind taste this against any competing IPA from another Brewery!!! I am a "Funnel Face" when it comes to this brew!!! Way too tasty and easy to drink!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
pchoate (27) - West Sacramento, California, USA - APR 16, 2014
Excellent session IPA. 4.5% that tastes like a triple. The hop-bursting brings out a strong hop bite in smell and taste. Not for everyone. But if you are a hop head and want a great poolside beer the look no further. - Snowboards and IPA

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Braden99 (29) - Camarillo, California, USA - JUL 30, 2014
With sessionable IPAs all-the-rage, Stoneís Go To IPA stands out as one of the leaders. Whatís so admirable about this beer is Stoneís restraint & balance in itís hop profile - a exceptionally drinkable IPA that doesnít feel like youíre sacrificing.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Obfuscate (294) - Minneapolis, - OCT 31, 2014
For me this is my favorite beer. Big hoppy pineapple smell. Tastes good going down, refreshing then the back of your mouth it hits you and you need another sip. Nice to have such a great tasting beer thatís session able. I like to have 5-6 without getting wasted out of my mind. Top notch.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BcOneSeven (46) - Newville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 2, 2014
Another home run from Stone. Drinking Go to Dry Hopped with Amarillo! Aroma is awesome! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Hanan (82) - NW Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAR 15, 2014
This is amazing!! Hop bursting. I was skeptical. 4.5 abv is just bad ass for the shit this brings. It's pure hops bursting in your mouth. This beer is a session legend already. It's your grade A IPA. Flowing through in session. Hops don't hit you immediately like stone ipa. Yet, a great beer quenching middle that is surrounded by a hop burst that echoes into your ears and into you taste bud brain area. My review is phenomenal. 1st of this beer 6r from total wine az. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
GMCC2181 (1554) - Newark, Delaware, USA - MAR 31, 2014
UPDATED: APR 14, 2014 Bottle via SL... I had this beer after coming off a cold/flu so not sure my palate was ready for such a beer. I though it was really danky, bitter and cat pee. But I gave it a second chance... Put me on the front of the bandwagon for this beer... Wow, what a nose... soon as you pop the cap hops come smacking you in the face... Over whelming in a good way. Doesnt look like much... average at best but it makes up for that. Taste is a bitter, grass, light citrus and some more bitterness. But not the bitter that I was expecting... (no bitter beer face) almost fresh hop bitterness. Dank as well. Tons of flavor for such a low alcohol content brew. Grapefruit just lingers on your taste buds... I will put this above 3F ZD and LG daytime BLVD pop up, and Founders all day IPA. Body is light, refreshing, easy to drink. Overall. Great session IPA, definitely the hoppiest I have had. I had this along with Stone enjoy by 4-20-14 and their grapefruit DIPA and I though it was better than both those two beers.... I hope this is available all year long. The more I have this the more I like it!