overall

RATINGS: 3642   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
IrishBoy (3960) - Bakersfield, California, USA - MAY 3, 2006
Bright amber-orange with a thin gold tinged head. Aroma is hoppy with ciyrus and pine notes. Flavor of sweet and bitter hops, with a mildly hoppy finish.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bartzilla (572) - La Mesa, California, USA - MAY 3, 2006
This is my go-to beer. So damn good. Not much more I can really add that hasnít been addressed here already. I buy a lot of this beer in bottles, in bombers, in pints and in pitchers. In fact, I wish I had one right now. It doesnít matter when you read this, I guarantee you that I wish I had one right now.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
garmonbozia (429) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - MAY 3, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 18, 2006 12 oz bottle from Kahnís. Smell of floral and grapefruit. Palate was smooth and hoppy. Very good beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
isamublue (21) - Huntington Beach, California, USA - MAY 2, 2006
12 oz bottle. Excellent amber color. Floral and hoppy aroma. I found the floral overtones a bit too overwhelming. Not my favorite IPA, but still a darn good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
biggcb (464) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 2, 2006
Bomber. Golden amber color. Nice head. Hops are everywhere in both aroma and taste. Not the hoppiest IPA I have had, but still very drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
bgburdman9 (860) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - MAY 1, 2006
12 oz bottle. Golden with slight orange haze with quite large white head. Mine had pretty good lacing. Might be my favorite IPA yet. Had a lot of piney and flowery hop aroma. The flavor was not as bitter as i was expecting and did not have as much citrus taste as some IPAs do. I could drink this one quite often.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
drainey (234) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2006
22 oz bomber. Light golden body with a huge, fluffy white head. Aroma is hoppy with grapefruit and lemon. Flavor is quite mild, though hoppy with some sweetness. Finish is bitter & hoppy, vintage Stone. Very drinkable.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
beerczar69 (39) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2006
Wow,what a great tasting beer.Poured like pure gold,beautiful white head Great smelling beer.Stone brewery is one of the best.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beerlover82 (225) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2006
Deep golden color with small, off-white head and minimal lacing. Hoppy aroma and flavor, YUMMY!!!! Medium-bodied. An excellent delicious sweet beer. I would definetley want this again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BrewDad (5116) - Olympia, Washington, USA - APR 30, 2006
[Tap Ė Blooms & Brews, Silverton Oregon]
(Oregon Craft Brewfest at The Oregon Garden) Very floral, hoppy aroma. Quite strong, will curl your toenails. Mild hoppiness compared to what I was expecting after the aroma and drinking. Still very hoppy, donít get me wrong though. Quite tasty fro a IPA. Good Job.