overall

RATINGS: 3499   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and youíll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beerís crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BrockLanders (774) - Panama City, Florida, USA - APR 12, 2005
An old rating...from early 2003. Pours a deep orangey color, nice big white pillowy head. Nose is big floral & citrus hops..it slams you big time. The flavor is big Cascade too....nicely bitter yet exhibits a nice malty sweetness in the middle giving way to big bold bitterness in the end. Nice full mouthfeel. One of my favorites.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gsteph (321) - knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 12, 2005
Great orangey amber pour with a 1 inch thick white head. Soft but solid piney nose. Great flavors...hoppy, floral, grapefruit zest, and malty with a delectable smooth, buttery like silkiness. Bitter finish with a touch of sweetness. Alcohol is virtually unnoticeable. Awesome overall feel to this one, not as hoppy as I was expecting but great nonetheless. I should have bought more of these. Another solid brew from Stone.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - APR 10, 2005
In the bomber bottle. Dark gold to light amber in color. White head with big individual bubbles. Heavily carbonated. Fantastic hop aroma. Faint aroma of a pine tree. Awesome buttery mouthfeel at first sip. Very high hop bitterness to the flavor. Tastes of grapefruit rine, maltiness and pine nuts. Awesome palate. I love it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Boutip (4818) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - APR 8, 2005
Bottle: Poured a orangey color ale with a medium head with standard retention. The hops and their nice floral aspect overpower aroma. Taste is quite bitter with some lingering sweetness in the back of the palate. Good body and alcohol level does a good job of keeping this beer together. Not my favourite style to begin with but this was very enjoyable nonetheless.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ghett0yeti (29) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - APR 7, 2005
This is great. It hurts me to say but, Ale Smith is slightly better, but this is fantastic.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 6, 2005
Full orange hops aroma, with pine and malt. Orange/amber, pours a large, rocky, custard head, leaves some lace. Big orange flavoured hops at first, well placed malt and some piney hops in the aftertaste. Well balanced, full bodied, sticky, chewy, resiny, wonderfully bitter, everything an IPA should be! Sensational!!! Thank You Very Much rudolf!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Texans0743 (5) - Sugar Land, Texas, USA - APR 6, 2005 does not count
Oh yeah.. this is one hoppy beer. Cool and refreshing the whole time. Not much of a bite though, which I love. The aftertaste is bittersweet, rich with hops. Itís almost a perfumy taste at the very end. Very unusual, but good. Not something I would drink too much of in one sitting, a little too rich for my blood.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hayduke (3417) - Eureka, California, USA - APR 5, 2005
22 oz bottle. I am am an IPA fanatic, and have waited quite a while to get my hands on a bottle of this stuff, and finally found a bottle in Nevada City, CA. I donít have a bottle of Lagunitas Maximus or Lost Coast Indica (my two favorites) to compare this to, but here goes anyway. Pours a nice copper color, with good slighltly off-white head. Nice clean malts with killer hops is what I taste. Smooth on the tongue, and with a great overall flavor and balance. This I think sets the standard for an IPA. The overall feeling is perfect balance. I may have trouble getting this brew in Eureka, so I may have to settle for the aforementioned wannabees, but this is the best of breed in my opinion. I will ask my local COOP to import it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
lordwunjo (46) - California, USA - APR 4, 2005
HOPS!! This beer is full of it, the flavor of the hops is almost overwhelming, but very tasty. Donít drink too much or youíll be sorry!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - APR 3, 2005
Hops galore! What can I say that hasnít already been said about this? It was a great IPA...I canít think of one that Iíve had that is better, honestly. Next in line would be Pyramid IPA, but itís hard to beat this one. If youíre a hophead then you have to give this brew a try.